98 Chrylser Cirrus(Dodge Stratus look alike) rear brake problem

Old July 31st 05, 08:04 AM
audeogod

Well, I've always known that my car has ABS, but I don't know that much
about ABS and I've been told that it can have it either one the front and
rear or just the front only. The dealer even asked me what the VIN was so
he could check it. I just got it for him and he said it was 4 wheel ABS.
Why would he say "4 wheel" if there is no other kind?? Well if this
didn't fix the car, then the dealer is the next place I'm going anyway.
No more aftermarket parts for this. Three different dealers already told
me they have to order the part anyway. None have it in stock so I can't
even see it before I pay for it.

Old July 31st 05, 08:15 AM
audeogod

I think the two parts the store had were either ABS with rear discs or
non-ABS with rear drums. I need ABS with rear drums.

I bled the line tonight and it bled easily, not like before where it took
FOREVER. So fluid is flowing freely now. But the brakes make a thumping
noise on that wheel when applied and I can feel the pedal pulsating just a
little. Even the car vibrates just barely. This was the same thing I had
happen before and I assumed it lead up to this. But now I wonder if it's
another brake related problem that was unrelated to the hose being stopped
up. I just don't know, but it's going to a garage for someone else to look
at.

Old July 31st 05, 10:19 AM
maxpower

"audeogod" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Well, I've always known that my car has ABS, but I don't know that much
> about ABS and I've been told that it can have it either one the front and
> rear or just the front only

The trucks have all wheel antilock or just rear only

.. The dealer even asked me what the VIN was so
> he could check it.

He asked you what the vin was because he wanted to know all the sales codes
that it asks you when you look up a part that pertains to your vehicle

I just got it for him and he said it was 4 wheel ABS.

Of course, either it does or it doesnt

> Why would he say "4 wheel" if there is no other kind??

There is another kind!!! it would be not at all

Well if this
> didn't fix the car, then the dealer is the next place I'm going anyway.
> No more aftermarket parts for this. Three different dealers already told
> me they have to order the part anyway. None have it in stock so I can't
> even see it before I pay for it.

Because they make so many brake lines for so many applications and it isn't
a hot sales item they would not stock them.

Good luck
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 31st 05, 10:20 AM
maxpower

"audeogod" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I think the two parts the store had were either ABS with rear discs or
> non-ABS with rear drums. I need ABS with rear drums.
>
> I bled the line tonight and it bled easily, not like before where it took
> FOREVER. So fluid is flowing freely now. But the brakes make a thumping
> noise on that wheel when applied and I can feel the pedal pulsating just a
> little. Even the car vibrates just barely. This was the same thing I had
> happen before and I assumed it lead up to this. But now I wonder if it's
> another brake related problem that was unrelated to the hose being stopped
> up. I just don't know, but it's going to a garage for someone else to

look
> at.

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!