For Sale: 650hp supercharged 454, in a 1949 Ford P/U w/ 44in tires.

Old September 28th 03, 02:42 AM
Michael

Default For Sale: 650hp supercharged 454, in a 1949 Ford P/U w/ 44in tires.

Hi guys,

I hope that posting this here isnt inappropriate, but I figured that a
number of folks in this group might have some interest in this
rompin-stompin 4x4 I'd posted a note last week about this (my
neighbors truck) being in its last day on an eBay auction. Unfortunately, I
hadnt foreseen that the auction would be scheduled to end during this past
weeks Monday Night Football game (in Denver, and hosting the Broncos' mortal
enemies the Raiders!). Here in Colorado anyway, that was probably a HUGE
oversight!

Anyway, the truck has now been relisted on eBay, and you can see it here
(with full technical description, and lots of photos) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=243 4562226

My neighbor ended up with this 'monster truck project' in a divorce, and
is now looking to sell. She has over $30K invested in it, and was originally
not going to take less than 1/2 of that for the truck. But she has set the
'reserve price', now, at only $10K ! She's been told the motor alone is
worth more than that This 1949 Ford P/U had been in her family for
over 30 years, and when she ended up with it a few years ago, her
then-husband took it to a well known 4x4 fabrication shop and asked them for
"650 horsepower, and 44 inch tires."
......$30K later, without even the paint/bodywork done, and thats what they
got! They ordered all the parts to redo the interior, but they never got
around to it (before the divorce, anyway!). So it comes with most all the
components to install an ALL NEW interior (carpet, glass, interior door
panels, seats, headliner, moulding, etc, etc). Or you could just drive it
all winter as-is, punching through the snow when nothing else is moving!

She knows that she'll only get a fraction of her $30K back, but her loss
could REALLY be your gain! Hey, if nothing else, its fun to look at and read
about a project like this!

Thanks again for your indulgence,
Michael