boneheads at jeep corporate

Old January 26th 05, 02:09 AM
Nathan W. Collier

Default boneheads at jeep corporate

first some bonehead down at jeep corporate decides to drop yellow and sienna
from the wranger lineup (if either color were available it would make my
color choice easy. if both were available, id probably flip a coin). next,
some bonehead decides to replace the black top/flares with grey...luckily
that mistake was corrected. in preparing to order my '05 rubicon i finally
decided on another khaki with the black top/interior (just like my '03
http://7slotgrille.com/reviews/performance/doors/6.jpg ) and when i went
down to make the final order, i found out for '05 some corporate bonehead
decided that you cannot get the khaki wrangler with the black top/interior.
you can get a green jeep (rolling off the same assembly line) with a black
top/interior, but you can only get the khaki top/interior on the khaki jeep.
i cant help but wonder what the hell these people are thinking in making
stupid decisions like this. it just makes no sense why you can get the
black top/interior on EVERY color rubicon except the khaki. if you have
some insight on why this bonehead decision was made, please share.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old January 26th 05, 02:16 AM
Jerry Bransford

Is this the same Nathan W. Collier that swore publically MANY times that
he would never buy another Jeep after being sued by DC? Doesn't this
make your second Jeep purchased since making that loud and vociferous
pledge?

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> first some bonehead down at jeep corporate decides to drop yellow and sienna
> from the wranger lineup (if either color were available it would make my
> color choice easy. if both were available, id probably flip a coin). next,
> some bonehead decides to replace the black top/flares with grey...luckily
> that mistake was corrected. in preparing to order my '05 rubicon i finally
> decided on another khaki with the black top/interior (just like my '03
> http://7slotgrille.com/reviews/performance/doors/6.jpg ) and when i went
> down to make the final order, i found out for '05 some corporate bonehead
> decided that you cannot get the khaki wrangler with the black top/interior.
> you can get a green jeep (rolling off the same assembly line) with a black
> top/interior, but you can only get the khaki top/interior on the khaki jeep.
> i cant help but wonder what the hell these people are thinking in making
> stupid decisions like this. it just makes no sense why you can get the
> black top/interior on EVERY color rubicon except the khaki. if you have
> some insight on why this bonehead decision was made, please share.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
See the Geezer Jeep at
http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/
Old January 26th 05, 02:36 AM
Marc

I'm somewhat new to the group, why was he sued by DC?

In article <l4DJd.19259$xu.18295@fed1read05>, says...

Old January 26th 05, 02:48 AM
Jeff Strickland

He used "jeep" in the URL to his website. DC got a little testy and flexed
their muscles. I think that today, Nathan could probably fight them and win
because there have been recent rulings that product names in a website are
not indicators by themselves that consumers can be confused. Basically, DC
said that consumers will go to Nathan's site and be confused about the
product offerings.

It was more complicated than that, but this is the reader's digest version.
I think DC was WAY off base in their attacks on Nathan, and many others for
that matter.

. ..

Old January 26th 05, 02:54 AM
Jerry Bransford

That's some very old stuff that probably doesn't need to be dug up and
discussed again, unless he wants to. I for one would not like to see it
dug up again.... my having even mentioned it could probably be
considered out of line.

Jerry

Old January 26th 05, 05:43 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
> Is this the same Nathan W. Collier that swore publically MANY times that
> he would never buy another Jeep after being sued by DC?

im a _jeeper_, and despite my emotional state during that period, no
frog-eyed dc corporate attorney will ever change that.

.....now, if youve any insight as to why the black top and interior is
available on all colors except the khaki please share.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old January 26th 05, 05:54 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Marc" > wrote in message
. ..
> why was he sued by DC?

the "official" story --> http://movies.utilityoffroad.com/videos/news.wmv

the truth behind the suit goes much deeper and involves an enviro-troll
(whom we have since removed from this newsgroup) and his little frog-eyed
friend. _however_, instead of cluttering up the group with old news id
really just rather know why i cant get a black top and interior on a khaki
rubicon. :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old January 26th 05, 06:51 AM
griffin

I dunno ...never seen that combo until you posted the pic but I really like
it ...looks great and would probably not show dirt too badly up here in the
salt belt.

Old January 26th 05, 12:07 PM
SteveBrady

I got an '02 and have that "cowhide" interior....well, it's the colour of
baby puke!! Seriously!! And you have to throw flour down on the seat
during the summer, so you can peal yer arse off.
I immediately went out and bought some wet okoele's (black and grey) and
they match the dash and look awesome!

Old January 26th 05, 12:22 PM
Jeff

That's a beauty color! I drive an '03 in that color with a black
top....there's one around town with a Tan roof and it jus doesn't look
right...it makes ya wonder what they are thinking?? good luck Nathan...

--
Jeff
'03 TJ & '95 ZJ

What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 07:45 PM