Tractor?

Old November 6th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
fggfgf

Default Tractor?

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> This may be a little off topic, but here goes.
>
> Many (about 20) years ago, I saw a guy using a small tractor, about the
> size of one of a riding mower. It had a power takeoff for a small
> backhoe attachment (and other goodies). It had all wheel drive, but
> instead of the usual front wheel steering, it had fixed front and rear
> axles and was articulated in the middle with a hydraulic steering
> system. The guy using it claimed that this thing could get into almost
> any terrain.
>
> I seem to recall that it as a Kubota, but I may be wrong. Anyone have
> any ideas about what it is (was)? I didn't see anything like it on the
> Kubota web page.

try alt.fan.tractors
Old November 6th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Hanlon's Razor:
Old November 6th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:40:13 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
> wrote:

>This may be a little off topic, but here goes.
>
>Many (about 20) years ago, I saw a guy using a small tractor, about the
>size of one of a riding mower. It had a power takeoff for a small
>backhoe attachment (and other goodies). It had all wheel drive, but
>instead of the usual front wheel steering, it had fixed front and rear
>axles and was articulated in the middle with a hydraulic steering
>system. The guy using it claimed that this thing could get into almost
>any terrain.
>
>I seem to recall that it as a Kubota, but I may be wrong. Anyone have
>any ideas about what it is (was)? I didn't see anything like it on the
>Kubota web page.

It may have been a Kubota, but wasn't as small as you remember...
Old November 7th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

PeterD wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:40:13 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
> > wrote:
>
> >This may be a little off topic, but here goes.
> >
> >Many (about 20) years ago, I saw a guy using a small tractor, about the
> >size of one of a riding mower. It had a power takeoff for a small
> >backhoe attachment (and other goodies). It had all wheel drive, but
> >instead of the usual front wheel steering, it had fixed front and rear
> >axles and was articulated in the middle with a hydraulic steering
> >system. The guy using it claimed that this thing could get into almost
> >any terrain.
> >
> >I seem to recall that it as a Kubota, but I may be wrong. Anyone have
> >any ideas about what it is (was)? I didn't see anything like it on the
> >Kubota web page.

> It may have been a Kubota, but wasn't as small as you remember...

About the same ride height as a lawn tractor, but somewhat longer. The
tires looked like wide ATV tires, about 18 inches in diameter. The only
articulated machine on the Kubota web site is a loader. The machine I
saw was definitely smaller than one of those.

--
Paul Hovnanian
If everything is coming your way then you're in the wrong lane.
Old November 7th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
.boB

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> PeterD wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:40:13 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
> wrote:
>>

>>>This may be a little off topic, but here goes.
>>>
>>>Many (about 20) years ago, I saw a guy using a small tractor, about the
>>>size of one of a riding mower. It had a power takeoff for a small
>>>backhoe attachment (and other goodies). It had all wheel drive, but
>>>instead of the usual front wheel steering, it had fixed front and rear
>>>axles and was articulated in the middle with a hydraulic steering
>>>system. The guy using it claimed that this thing could get into almost
>>>any terrain.

This?

http://www.power-trac.com/productclasses.htm#T8

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Old November 7th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:41:19 -0700, ".boB"
> wrote:

>Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
>> PeterD wrote:

>This?
>
>http://www.power-trac.com/productclasses.htm#T8

Ouch, expensive! <g>
Old November 9th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

".boB" wrote:

> Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> > PeterD wrote:

> This?
>
> http://www.power-trac.com/productclasses.htm#T8

Yep. If that's not it exactly, its very similar (it was many years ago
and the design may have changed somewhat).

--
Paul Hovnanian
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day