Jammed Sunroof

Old September 13th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33

Default Jammed Sunroof

I was driving home today and decided to open my sunroof. After a cracking
sound that it usually makes (I can make a digital video for anyone if they'd
like) the drivers side became stuck, wont open or close.

I know SC2's are problematic with having headliners and sunroofs leak.

Should I pony up the cash to replace it? Scour a salvage yard for
(hopefully) the parts I need to give me another good 10 months?

Old September 14th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33

Sorry for the obscure post. Later on today I'll post pictures, and maybe a
video link to show what happens when attempting to open and then re-close
the sunroof.
The loud cracking (actually, sounds more like a plastic gear skipping or
jumping) coming from near where the button is. I have yet to aquire
directions nor time (weekend is coming up soon!) to remove the headliner and
inspect whatever and attempt to figure out how it works, and what is wrong.

Old September 19th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NapalmHeart

"HyperCube33" > wrote in message
> Sorry for the obscure post. Later on today I'll post pictures, and maybe a
> video link to show what happens when attempting to open and then re-close
> the sunroof.
> The loud cracking (actually, sounds more like a plastic gear skipping or
> jumping) coming from near where the button is. I have yet to aquire
> directions nor time (weekend is coming up soon!) to remove the headliner
> and inspect whatever and attempt to figure out how it works, and what is
> wrong.
>
> "HyperCube33" > wrote in message
>>I was driving home today and decided to open my sunroof. After a cracking
>>sound that it usually makes (I can make a digital video for anyone if
>>they'd like) the drivers side became stuck, wont open or close.
>>
>> I know SC2's are problematic with having headliners and sunroofs leak.
>>
>> Should I pony up the cash to replace it? Scour a salvage yard for
>> (hopefully) the parts I need to give me another good 10 months?

Contact Joey at 6th Planet for some information on this area.

Old September 25th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

> > The loud cracking (actually, sounds more like a plastic gear skipping or
> > jumping) coming from near where the button is. I have yet to aquire
> > directions nor time (weekend is coming up soon!) to remove the headliner
> > and inspect whatever and attempt to figure out how it works, and what is
> > wrong.

Does the skipping sound repeated if you keep opening? If so, your
sunroof cable and motor gear worn and you ne to replace them. You could
start with a set of cable if doing it your self. if that doesn't solve
the problem, you need a new motor as well. Motor and cables replacement
are common problems on SC sunroof.

They are relatively easy to change.

Old September 27th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33

Yes, the sounds repeat. As its a rainy day and I've gotten most of my ****
done I might actually get around to posting that video I mentioned :P
oups.com...