"Dukes" drives up '69 Charger value

Old July 30th 05, 06:58 PM
TomKan

Default "Dukes" drives up '69 Charger value

With Warner Bros. Pictures' movie remake of the hit television
series
"The Dukes of Hazzard" set to premiere in Hollywood on July 28,
Kelley
Blue Book reports that the value of the 1969 Dodge Charger, the
famed car
used as the Dukes' "General Lee," has significantly increased in
recent
months due in large part to the upcoming movie.

All '69 Charger trim levels have seen significant increases in
value over
the last two years, with major jumps in price occurring in the
last six
months. For example, the 1969 Dodge Charger SE 500 in mint
condition
could fetch up to $61,600 today versus $43,900 only six months
ago, a 29
percent increase in the vehicle's value. For a mint condition
1969 Dodge
Charger R/T, the price has increased 64 percent this year, up from
$28,200 in January 2005 to $43,900 in July 2005.

Additionally, any '69 Charger model equipped with a Hemi engine is
going
for triple the value.

Kelley Blue Book's Mark Brueggemann, senior market analyst, and
Jack R.
Nerad, editorial director and executive market analyst are
available for
interviews.

"1969 Dodge Charger models are selling for more than Ferraris,"
said Mark
Brueggemann, senior market analyst for Kelley Blue Book.

"As a quintessential example of the American muscle car, the 1969
Dodge
Charger is very popular among enthusiasts and collectors," said
Jack R.
Nerad, editorial director and executive market analyst for Kelley
Blue
Book's kbb.com. "The collector car market reflects the popular
culture,
so the fact that the '69 Charger is a star of 'The Dukes of
Hazzard'
movie -- and perhaps it deserves top billing along with the
movie's
actors -- means its substantial increase in popularity will
continue."

Old July 30th 05, 08:08 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, TomKan wrote:

> Blue Book reports that the value of the 1969 Dodge Charger, the famed
> car used as the Dukes' "General Lee," has significantly increased in
> recent months due in large part to the upcoming movie.

....or, y'know, due in large part to the upcoming idiotic movie's idiotic
production crew destroying about 20 '68-'70 Chargers.

Old July 31st 05, 02:38 AM
TomKan

..or, y'know, due in large part to the upcoming idiotic movie's idiotic
production crew destroying about 20 '68-'70 Chargers

____Reply Separator_____

They were probably vehicles rescued from a junk/scrap yard and restored
to the bare minimum to be used for one scene in the movie.

Old July 31st 05, 05:18 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, TomKan wrote:

>> .or, y'know, due in large part to the upcoming idiotic movie's idiotic
>> production crew destroying about 20 '68-'70 Chargers

> They were probably vehicles rescued from a junk/scrap yard and restored
> to the bare minimum to be used for one scene in the movie.

Um...no. That isn't how it worked.
Old July 31st 05, 12:51 PM
N8N

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> "TomKan" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > .or, y'know, due in large part to the upcoming idiotic movie's idiotic
> > production crew destroying about 20 '68-'70 Chargers
> >
> > ____Reply Separator_____
> >
> > They were probably vehicles rescued from a junk/scrap yard and restored
> > to the bare minimum to be used for one scene in the movie.
> >

> There were no 69 Chargers on scrap heaps waiting to be rescued when
> they made the movie.
>
> And that ****es me off that the Kelly Blue Book *******s got a plug. They
> stop rating vehicles over than 20 years, and have no right or business
> commenting on the value of collectors vehicles.
>
> Ted

True dat.

Everyone knows that "Bullitt" was a way better movie than this is
likely to be, anyway

nate

Old July 31st 05, 07:25 PM
TomKan