Boycott Gettysburg

Old August 7th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tom[_6_]

Default Boycott Gettysburg

Link to Gettysburg photos showing the Gettysburg battlefield before
superintendent John Latschar's ego ran amok and ruined it.
http://users.snip.net/~hart/

We loved Gettysburg: married there, took dozens of week-long trips, spent
many thousands of dollars there, and even considered moving there. But those
days are over thanks to park superintendent John Latschar. He's ruining the
Gettysburg battlefield. He calls it restoration. Desecration is more
descriptive. If we spent another dime we'd be supporting the destruction. We
refuse.

Trees are being ripped out wholesale. The deer have been slaughtered.
Visiting on a November evening is an experience everyone should be able to
enjoy, but he shortened the decades-old operating hours so you'll be
ticketed and labeled criminals. He threw up so many one-way signs that
traffic in town has become a tourist's nightmare.

He likes saying, "The time for comment was during the planning, not now."
Well, Bozo, the public DID and continues to comment, but you ignore them.
Tens of 1000s have voiced their concern, but you act as though the
Gettysburg battlefield is your own private domain to use and abuse as you
please. It belongs to the taxpayers, not an arrogant, government-appointed
bureaucratic freeloader.

Gettysburg battlefield ghost hunters have been turned away in droves because
he equates them with drug users and drinkers. What a moron. Not only is the
town losing a fortune toward the local economy, the park is losing thousands
of watchful eyes from some of the most respectful visitors. Those with evil
intent will always gain access at night as was proven by recent vandalism.
Closing the park merely keeps honest folks out. John Latschar has, in
effect, given vandals free rein.

Attendance is lagging. He blames everything except his own bumbling. He
constantly moans about never having enough money to fix rotting cannons,
monuments and buildings, yet continues wasting funds on mindnumbingly
senseless projects that divide the townspeople and drives others away. It's
typical government ineptness.

Looks like John Latschar sits around dreaming up new ways to **** people
off. If he's not shooting the wildlife, cutting down 100s of acres of trees,
changing the hours or screwing up traffic flow, he'll devise some other
dumbass plan. Chances are he'll eventually move on to another location
leaving his mess and debts behind for someone else. It wouldn't be the first
time.

What's worse than allowing John Latschar to inflict so much damage to the
Gettysburg battlefield? Most of you sit idly by and let it happen without so
much as a whimper. Talk is cheap, but a Gettysburg boycott speaks volumes.
We're doing our part. Good bye Gettysburg. You were our favorite place on
Earth until John Latschar raped you. Now you're just a memory. What a pity
and disgrace.

Cassie and Tom
http://users.snip.net/~hart/

Old August 8th 06, 02:11 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
EO

I take it you don't like John Latschar's.

Boycott Gettysburg Tom[_6_] Chrysler 2 August 8th 06 03:18 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom[_6_] BMW 1 August 8th 06 03:13 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom[_6_] Audi 0 August 7th 06 05:52 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom[_5_] Jeep 8 August 4th 06 03:11 AM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom[_5_] Audi 0 July 29th 06 02:28 AM