BMW X5 3.0i tires

Old July 5th 06, 06:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Default BMW X5 3.0i tires

I am about to replace tires on my X5. After reading the newsgroups I
came to a conclusion that OEM Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus not a good
choice for the car at all. Actually off road these tires suck. I do
drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.

Any recommendations here?

Dimag

Old July 5th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Pete[_2_]

wrote
> Actually off road these tires suck. I do
> drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.
>
> Any recommendations here?

If you you plan on using the same tires all year long (i.e. no dedicated
winter and summer sets), yet require somewhat decent snow traction, I'd
suggest you look at Nokian WR.

Cheers,

Pete

Old July 6th 06, 09:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
MATTY

Toby wrote:
> On 5 Jul 2006 10:38:48 -0700, wrote:
>
> >I am about to replace tires on my X5. After reading the newsgroups I
> >came to a conclusion that OEM Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus not a good
> >choice for the car at all. Actually off road these tires suck. I do
> >drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.
> >
> >Any recommendations here?
> >
> >Dimag

> Check out this site:

http://www.x5world.com

best tires i owned on my xterra was the bfg all terrain ko......great
on and off road.with an extreme snow rating too

Old July 6th 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>I am about to replace tires on my X5. After reading the newsgroups I
>came to a conclusion that OEM Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus not a good
>choice for the car at all. Actually off road these tires suck. I do
>drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.
>
>Any recommendations here?

They have better wet braking than anything else. There are better
tires for offroad and snow. You cant have your cake and eat it too...

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 8th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

indeed is a good site about X5s, Thanks!