Insurance pay out: how much time to get another car?

Old May 21st 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
internaughtfull

Default Insurance pay out: how much time to get another car?

Hi,

My insurance company is going to total my car and either issue
a salvage title or pay me for the car and take it. I was wondering:

1. if they issue a salvage title, I cannot keep comp or collision.
If an uninsured motorist hits me, is that a complete loss?

2. if they take the car, how long do I have to shop for a car
before they come get it? is it timed after I cash it? I would
ask them but they are hard to get ahold of right now.
Is it worth arguing to get more money since used cars
have risen in price lately?

thanks,

itchy