Source for Audi Tools Or Rentals

Old January 23rd 05, 01:37 AM
John

Default Source for Audi Tools Or Rentals

I'm getting ready to put a new timing belt on my 1990 V8 Quattro, and
need the crank locking tool, *3197 I think, does anyone know where I
could rent it, or have one I could rent, or worst case scenario, a
cheap source, the only one I've been able to find so far is $127.00
for a tool I'm going to use once every 80,000 miles.
Thanks for your help
John
1990 V8 Quattro
Old January 24th 05, 05:01 PM
Steve Sears

John,
IIRC, quite a few people have made up a copy of the crank locking tool - all
you have to do is find a good weldor (or DIY with your own welder). Some
online parts places have tool rentals - like Blau:
http://www.blauparts.com/engines%20a...g_belt_kit.htm
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old March 12th 05, 03:16 AM

Try Force5auto.com

What brand of tools favored by pros? Roger Sircar Chrysler 11 November 15th 04 04:50 PM
Audi Special tools ~ ElektraMan ~ Audi 4 November 3rd 04 10:33 PM
EXCESS TOOL INVENTORY- SPX/OTC-SERVICE SOLUTIONS TOOLS Kirk Rocheford-All World, Inc. Dodge 0 October 18th 04 05:37 PM
Gasket Source Ken Doyle Antique cars 0 August 26th 03 02:16 AM