New LCD monitor

Old July 13th 05, 12:14 AM
Larry

I just run everything in the native resolution, which in my case is
1280X1024. Works fine for me.

If you buy a wide-screen or bigger monitor with a native res higher than
that you do have to take into consideration you comptuers abilitiy to push
that many pixels.

Mine can, so I'm good.

Ths is, however, why I haven't bought silent hunder 3. They locked the res
to 1024X768 (dumb-asses).

-Larry

Old July 13th 05, 02:32 AM
F50 GT

I've had a 19" Sony flatscreen CRT for 6 years or so and finally decided
to switch to an LCD. The one I got is the Viewsonic VX924. What a
gorgeous monitor!

I've tried three games, all play fine in their set resolutions:

Top Spin Tennis (800x600)
UT2004 (1024x768)
GTR (1024x768)

My video card is a 128MB GF4 Ti4600; that's the next thing I'll be
upgrading.

- F50 GT

Old July 17th 05, 06:49 PM
Fisher

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:14:32 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:

>I just run everything in the native resolution, which in my case is
>1280X1024. Works fine for me.
>
>If you buy a wide-screen or bigger monitor with a native res higher than
>that you do have to take into consideration you comptuers abilitiy to push
>that many pixels.
>
>Mine can, so I'm good.
>
>Ths is, however, why I haven't bought silent hunder 3. They locked the res
>to 1024X768 (dumb-asses).
>
>-Larry

Lots of games won't run at 1280x1024. Lots.
Old July 18th 05, 09:31 PM
Larry

Then they can't sell to me. Their loss.

Coding in fixed resolutions is DUMB.

-Larry

Old July 18th 05, 09:48 PM
Mitch_A

Why do these LCD Monitors have a native resolution thats not standard such
as 1280X1024 in the first place?

Following the logical scale upwards from 640X480, 800X600, 1024X768 1280X960
NOT 1280X1024. Why not just pick any other arbitrary resolution that kinda
fits?

I understand why developers dont support non standard resolutions.

Mitch

Old July 21st 05, 05:17 PM
Larry

Well, whether it should be or not, 1280X1024 IS a standard.

Beyond that, I've seen all the arguments on this one. I'll bow out at this
point

-Larry

m...