95’ Dodge Intrepid 3.3 will not stop overheating

Old July 22nd 05, 04:36 AM
microboy

Default 95’ Dodge Intrepid 3.3 will not stop overheating

My car a 95’ Dodge Intrepid will not stop overheating. I replaced the
radiator, water pump, thermostat and the head gaskets are good. What
should I do?

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-95-I...ict129979.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633277
Old July 22nd 05, 04:36 AM
SnoMan

"microboy" wrote:
>My car a 95’ Dodge Intrepid will not stop overheating. I
>replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat and the head gaskets

are
>good. What should I do?

Are the cooling fans operating correctly? (themselves and the
thermostat that controls their operation) Also did you check
condensor core for blockage of air flow through it?
Old July 22nd 05, 05:01 AM
rob

are your hoses real soft? if so your lower hose could be sucking itself
shut.

also like sno man said, check the cooling fans, and go to a car wash and
make sure you get all the debris out from your condenser and radiator,
check the thermostat to make sure its opening.....a new one can be bad; a
pot of boiling water and a thermometer from the parts store works good.

"microboy" > wrote in message
news:1_633277_92debdfabed86ba968e35fecada95554@aut oforumz.com...
> My car a 95' Dodge Intrepid will not stop overheating. I replaced the
> radiator, water pump, thermostat and the head gaskets are good. What
> should I do?
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-95-I...topict129979.h
tml

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633277

Old July 22nd 05, 08:03 PM
Dan

On 21 Jul 2005 23:36:31 -0400, microboy
> wrote:

>My car a 95’ Dodge Intrepid will not stop overheating. I replaced the
>radiator, water pump, thermostat and the head gaskets are good. What
>should I do?

Does the system hold pressure when it's hot? Do you lose coolant? I
had a tricky overheating problem on a late model Intrepid. After
replacing the thermostat, etc., it turned out to be a tiny, tiny leak
in the coolant reservoir which caused the system to lose pressure. If
the system can't maintain proper pressure, it overheats every time.