Lexus VS Jeep Marketing

Old December 17th 04, 02:51 PM
Brian Foster

Default Lexus VS Jeep Marketing

Lexus comercial has husband leeding wife into livingroom where there is a
brand new Lexus SUV by the Christmas Tree with a big red bow around it. The
wife opens her eyes and her first comment is "Where did you get the big
bow?"

Jeep comercial shows erupting volcano in distant background. Boulders,
rocks, and debris begin falling in the foreground and also a very dirty Jeep
Liberty. The Jeep lands hard and then begins driving back toward the
erupting volcano.

My initial reaction is "who dreams up this ****?" 2nd reaction is "who said
yeah I like it, lets spend $millions on the campaign?"

The jeep is going for the hard core, 4X4, i can go anywhere customer.

The Lexus is going for the soccer mom who notices the big bow before she
even sees the car?

The Lexus costs about 2X what the Jeep does.

I could of bought a Lexus but didn't see 2X the value in one. We're talking
about a car, arn't we?.......

Old December 17th 04, 03:17 PM
Greg

Yes, but did you get a big red bow with your Jeep?

Old December 17th 04, 03:28 PM
THOR

I could of bought a Lexus but didn't see 2X the value in one. We're talking
about a car, aren't we?.......

Nope, you are talking about a lifestyle.

Ask yourself, Does anybody really need a Rolex?

Old December 17th 04, 03:43 PM
Jerry Bransford

THOR wrote:

> Ask yourself, Does anybody really need a Rolex?

No but considering how many watches most people buy and how some are not
afraid to buy something a little pricier than a Timex, I figure my 16
year-old Rolex that has taken me out of the watch market forever has not
been a bad buy at all. Especially since it is still worth the same $$$
I paid for it on the secondary market. Try selling a used Seiko.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old December 17th 04, 04:14 PM
Brian Foster

That's a great argument for the Rolex but is the same thing true of the
Lexus? Again, aren't we dealing with a car here?

Old December 17th 04, 05:25 PM
Snow

No, but I did get a big yellow banana

Snow..

"Greg" > wrote in message
> Yes, but did you get a big red bow with your Jeep?
>
> "Brian Foster" > wrote in message
> > Lexus comercial has husband leeding wife into livingroom where there is

> > brand new Lexus SUV by the Christmas Tree with a big red bow around it.
> > The wife opens her eyes and her first comment is "Where did you get the
> > big bow?"
> >
> > Jeep comercial shows erupting volcano in distant background. Boulders,
> > rocks, and debris begin falling in the foreground and also a very dirty
> > Jeep Liberty. The Jeep lands hard and then begins driving back toward

the
> > erupting volcano.
> >
> > My initial reaction is "who dreams up this ****?" 2nd reaction is "who
> > said yeah I like it, lets spend $millions on the campaign?"
> >
> > The jeep is going for the hard core, 4X4, i can go anywhere customer.
> >
> > The Lexus is going for the soccer mom who notices the big bow before she
> > even sees the car?
> >
> > The Lexus costs about 2X what the Jeep does.
> >
> > I could of bought a Lexus but didn't see 2X the value in one. We're
> > talking about a car, arn't we?.......

---

Old December 17th 04, 11:44 PM
John Davies

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:27:13 GMT, "griffin" >
wrote:

>I dunno about where you guys are but Lexus has a terrible resale value here.
>Anyone in this city with enough money to buy a Lexus will buy one new.

The LX450 is in demand because underneath the Luxo skin is a soild
axle Land Cruiser at reasonable cost.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/
'96 Lexus LX450
'00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro
Spokane WA USA
Old December 18th 04, 12:06 AM

Jerry Bransford wrote:
> I figure my 16
> year-old Rolex that has taken me out of the watch market forever

now that every hip has a cell phone im surprised there is still a watch
market at all.

Old December 18th 04, 12:20 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My Brother wears a Rolex, it is a status symbol, saying I can buy
and sell you: http://www.hughescircuits.com/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 18th 04, 01:13 AM

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> My Brother wears a Rolex, it is a status symbol, saying I can buy
> and sell you

i dont think ive met a single person like that since moving up here to
gods country. just more of what i dont miss.