Ford takes a dive, DC will be #2 soon

Old October 4th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default while GM is going tits up- and will now merge with another loser, Ford- the Japs will eat them alive

wrote:

> When I look at what Fiorina did to HP's family oriented corporation
> (lay-offs and screw the Packards attitude) - it's so weird. I thought
> women were supposed to make corporation kind and compassionate? And her
> succcessor, Patricia Dunn, made Fiorina look like Cindarella with her
> below the belt investigative techniques on her own directors and
> employees. Nasty, truly terrible people.

I do love women, bless their hearts and I'm not anti-women. In fact, I
was married to a fine women for 34 years. However, the kindness of
women is certainly an interesting subject. I don't doubt that in
general they are kinder and more caring with their own children than
men, but how are they as politicians or CEO's, for example? And how
competent are they?

There was a notorious gal named Leona Helmsley, one of the richest
women in the U.S. at the time, that is sometimes referred to as the
"Queen of Mean". She was once quoted as saying, "We don't pay taxes.
Only the little people pay taxes." She was known for her poor treatment
of employees and she did some jail time on a mail fraud and tax evasion
charge.

Five female CEOs who are known for losing their corporations a lot of
money are Carly Fiorina, Anne Mulcahy, Patricia Russo, Andrea Jung and
Marce Fuller. All together they lost $208 billion dollars for their
corporations.
http://christianparty.net/womenceos.htm

One of the most shocking statements in U.S. history was made by
Clinton's UN ambassaor, Madeleine Albright. During a 1996 interview
reporter Lesley Stahl asked her about the Iraq sanctions. Stahl asked,
"We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean that's
more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth
it?" Albright replied: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the
price - we think the price is worth it."

The Palm Beach county Butterfly ballot was designed by a woman, Theresa
Lepore. It probably cost Al Gore the election.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLI...beach.recount/

As Harry Truman once said, the buck stops with the President. However,
the National Security Advisor at the time of the 9/11 attacks was
Condoleezza Rice. After the attacks Rice said, "I don't think anybody
could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam
it into the World Trade Center . . ." As it turned out the CIA had
reported that hijackers might use airplanes as weapons twelve times in
the seven years before 9/11.

On July 25, 1990, U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie was sent to Iraq to
talk to Saddam about his troops which were massed along Kuwait's
borders. Saddam is reported to have said that after years of
negotiations he was close to giving up on reaching a peaceful
settlement on their disputes with Kuwait. Glaspie purportedly gave
Saddam the green light on an Iraqi invasion.The state department
reportedly disciplined Ms Glaspie, under public and Congressional
pressure, but they didn't fire her.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie
http://www.wanniski.com/showarticle.asp?articleid=3182

I'm not sure if all this indicates there is anything wrong with women
since you could probably find thousands of similar examples for men.
However, it does sort of make you wonder.

Old October 4th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 4 Oct 2006 11:41:32 -0700, wrote:

>I'm not sure if all this indicates there is anything wrong with women
>since you could probably find thousands of similar examples for men.
>However, it does sort of make you wonder. <snip>

Add to the list:

They simply cannot maintain a car, and...
They're lousy drivers, even professionally.
Old October 4th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

> [...]

> reported that hijackers might use airplanes as weapons twelve times in
> the seven years before 9/11.
>
> On July 25, 1990, U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie was sent to Iraq to
> talk to Saddam about his troops which were massed along Kuwait's
> borders. Saddam is reported to have said that after years of
> negotiations he was close to giving up on reaching a peaceful
> settlement on their disputes with Kuwait. Glaspie purportedly gave
> Saddam the green light on an Iraqi invasion.The state department
> reportedly disciplined Ms Glaspie, under public and Congressional
> pressure, but they didn't fire her.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie
> http://www.wanniski.com/showarticle.asp?articleid=3182
>
> I'm not sure if all this indicates there is anything wrong with women
> since you could probably find thousands of similar examples for men.
> However, it does sort of make you wonder.

Rice is a valid point. She messed up big time. She is a professor.
Professors are good at pretending to know things and be competent. But
she messed up big-time on this terrorism. She is certainly not a
professional in terrorism. It's not her field. She speaks Russian, not
Arabic.

Glaspie, I think she was just another political CYA. She did nothing on
her own. No way. I am sure she was just carrying out her marching
orders. No one could possibly be that stupid on their own. No one. What
is sad is that she carried out the orders and paved the way for the
war. Was the war necesary? Saddam did have weapons and a nuclear
program going at that time. But those in charge were professional,
soldiers, many with real war experience, like father Bush as a bomber
in WWII. They were not poseurs. They were not men who avoided going
into the war arenas. That cannot be said of young Bush, Cheney,
Rumsfeld - although a pilot, like Bush, avoided war zone duty, Rice,
and who else? It's very dangerous having people involved in wars who
have not a bit of experience. And the lure of black gold for Cheney,
the former CEO of Halliburton. But I digress. Thanks for your
references. Hundred billion here, hundred billion there, soon you are
into real trillions of dollars

Old October 5th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

> [...]

> orders. No one could possibly be that stupid on their own. No one. What
> is sad is that she carried out the orders and paved the way for the
> war. Was the war necesary? Saddam did have weapons and a nuclear
> program going at that time. But those in charge were professional,
> soldiers, many with real war experience, like father Bush as a bomber
> in WWII. They were not poseurs. They were not men who avoided going
> into the war arenas. That cannot be said of young Bush, Cheney,
> Rumsfeld - although a pilot, like Bush, avoided war zone duty, Rice,
> and who else? It's very dangerous having people involved in wars who
> have not a bit of experience. And the lure of black gold for Cheney,
> the former CEO of Halliburton. But I digress. Thanks for your
> references. Hundred billion here, hundred billion there, soon you are

Glaspie's boss at the time was James Baker. On the one hand he is a
Texas Lawyer, but on the other hand, he was awarded the Medal of
Freedom by Bush's father and he has such an honest face.
http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JamesBaker.htm

It's just really hard to believe that Baker & Bush could have snookered
Sadam isn't it :>

Old October 5th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 4 Oct 2006 19:09:41 -0700, wrote:

>Glaspie's boss at the time was James Baker. On the one hand he is a
>Texas Lawyer, but on the other hand, he was awarded the Medal of
>Freedom by Bush's father and he has such an honest face.

http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JamesBaker.htm <snip>

Baker?? An honest face?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old October 5th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
duty-honor-country[_5_]

Default TROLL ALERT-"DESERTBOB"

DESERTBOB (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequents at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist/gay/wannabe mechanic/ricer/unemployed
groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at Google Groups at this URL

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...n7nbF1Te82ZIng

see its pathetic myspace page here

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=303 21125

It is a sad creature, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

Old October 6th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default Ford takes a dive, DC will be #2 soon

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> I was thinking Lebanon, Jordan etc, where a 'new' taxi was an eight-year-old
> vehicle imported from Germany.
>
> A modern Merc may be too complicated to withstand such rigours now.
>
> BTW, it's not "our" (your) oil money. You buys the oil you pays your money.
>
> Regarding a "reliable" that is my point. At some stage maybe 20/25 years ago
> the age of the reliable car began.
>
> DAS
> --
> For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
> ---
>
> "DeserTBoB" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:46:28 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> > > wrote:
> >

> [...]
> >
> > Yes. When I was in Saudi, you'd see the desert littered with near-new
> > Mercedeses. The towelies would just drive them until they broke down,
> > even for ridiculously small reasons, walk away from them, go back to
> > Riyahd and buy a new one...with our oil money.

> [...]
> >
> > A "reliable car" isn't an unattainable feat. I've found that, over

> [...]

That's so. They were The preferred taxis in the Middle East and they
appeared to hold up well and certainly looked and felt much better than
any other vehicle in that place at that time. They seemed quite
luxurious and brand new even if they were not. I don't know about now
but back then, a diesel taxi could expect to go 1/2 a million miles and
in elegant style. Other makes might go several hundred thousand miles
but not in style. And with much more maintenance and problems. And they
would look just awful after several hundred thousand miles. I've seen
big Plymouths do 300,000 miles, gasoline engines, as taxis, but they
looked 100 years older than the diesel Mercedes at 300,000 miles. It
took 100,000 miles to just break-in a new Mercedes. They were great
deals to buy unless you had a bad one and did not know a private
mechanic.

Now what about the OP and Prescott Bush and Hunt and the Saudis? I did
not follow that. I gather you mean the Hunt brothers? Both of them? Did
they try to corner the oil market as they tried to corner the silver
market?

Old October 13th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> It
> took 100,000 miles to just break-in a new Mercedes.

Too bad, they wouldn't be of much use to me as I've always traded in
before 100K miles.
<