XJ Power windows

Old November 6th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave[_17_]

Default XJ Power windows

I have a 97 XJ with power windows. All 4 windows work from the
driver's door but the other 3 won't work from their own door switch. I
did some testing and the window lockout switch is good. Any ideas?
Dave
Old November 6th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
98XJ

Dave,
I posted a similar message last month regarding my '98 XJ. The most
common reply was that the wires are routed beneath the driver's carpet
and become disintegrated, so need to be spliced. I pulled the carpet
back, to find that on my car, there were no wires in the floor well.
They run behind the dashboard on my model.

Still, the advice that I should suspect failed wires was on-track,
because I found that when I (removed the driver's door panel and)
flexed the wires where they are fed into the door sheet metal, the
other switches got power, so the wire is broken. I had already had
the same problem with the driver's door speaker wire and had replaced
that wire loom. Good luck.

Jim
'98 XJ

Old November 6th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeff

Check the child safety switch on the drivers door.

--
jeff

Old November 6th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DanFXR

Try shaking the DDM power door lock switch.
The DDR lockout switch breaks the ground contact with the three windows to
disable them.
On my jeep I needed to replace the DDM ($135)
You can also disable the switch by jumping the ground wires at the switch.

Old November 10th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave[_17_]

Thanks Jim, Do you remember what color that wire was?
Dave

Old November 11th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
98XJ

Dave,
I located the problem about the night before I headed West for a
hunting trip, so I figured on hitting the U-Wrench-It lot when I
returned. I have not done anything more, yet. I had suspected the
switch, originally and had asked the group about which wires I might
jump to bypass the Lock-Out. No one gave a straight reply, but a post
(Black?).

Please reply or e-maill if you don't have any manual and I can check
the detail or on Monday can send a scan from my Haynes manual.
Perhaps a better electrician than myself will post more expert
information.

Please let me know your outcome - and I'll do the same.

Jim

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:26:29 -0500, Dave >
wrote:

>Thanks Jim, Do you remember what color that wire was?
>Dave
>
>On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:23:23 -0500, 98XJ <> wrote:
>
>>Dave,
>>I posted a similar message last month regarding my '98 XJ. The most
>>common reply was that the wires are routed beneath the driver's carpet
>>and become disintegrated, so need to be spliced. I pulled the carpet
>>back, to find that on my car, there were no wires in the floor well.
>>They run behind the dashboard on my model.
>>
>>Still, the advice that I should suspect failed wires was on-track,
>>because I found that when I (removed the driver's door panel and)
>>flexed the wires where they are fed into the door sheet metal, the
>>other switches got power, so the wire is broken. I had already had
>>the same problem with the driver's door speaker wire and had replaced
>>that wire loom. Good luck.
>>
>>Jim
>>'98 XJ
>>

>>On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 22:23:44 -0500, Dave >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 97 XJ with power windows. All 4 windows work from the
>>>driver's door but the other 3 won't work from their own door switch. I
>>>did some testing and the window lockout switch is good. Any ideas?
>>>Dave

Electrical Problem???? Starter doesn't turn - power windows are dead, etc.... Ben Martin Technology 4 April 20th 06 03:40 PM
power windows in XJ? wkearney99 Jeep 1 May 19th 05 06:45 AM
A3 Jetta Gl Convert manuel windows to power windows Lee VW water cooled 2 May 10th 05 12:27 PM
Power windows 97 SL2 Scott Adams Saturn 2 January 30th 05 03:52 PM
Power Windows D'Elbow VW water cooled 4 January 25th 05 03:07 AM