oil service light

Old May 2nd 05, 03:44 AM
bobbob1015

Default oil service light

I just got a 85 325 e a little but ago and the inspection light was on
but today it turned off and the oil service light came on. I checked
my manual but it only tells how to install and take it out it doesn’t
give me a reason why it turns on. i am running 10w-40 (its what the
book recomended) and this oil doesn’t have more then 300 miles on it.
Any one have any idea ???

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/BMW-oil-se...ict118300.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=574166
Old May 2nd 05, 04:12 AM
JimV

bobbob1015 wrote:
> I just got a 85 325 e a little but ago and the inspection light was on
> but today it turned off and the oil service light came on. I checked
> my manual but it only tells how to install and take it out it doesn’t
> give me a reason why it turns on. i am running 10w-40 (its what the
> book recomended) and this oil doesn’t have more then 300 miles on it.
> Any one have any idea ???

This is supposed to be based on time and engine load, but in an '85 the
battery's in the cluster are likely shot and it's just being erratic.
They are nicad batteries soldered to the rear of the cluster.
Old May 2nd 05, 01:27 PM
nick smith

Oil level low ?

Nick

Old May 2nd 05, 08:42 PM
bobbob1015

"nick smith" wrote:
>Oil level low ?
>
>Nick

checked it i think its the batterys thanks guys

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/BMW-oil-se...ict118300.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=574619

http://www.usenet.com
Old May 2nd 05, 09:03 PM
Jeff Strickland

The Service Interval and the Oil Service indicators come on as a result of a
timer - for lack of a better term. When the service is performed, the timer
is reset by the technician. If the timer is not reset, then the car won't
know the service was done and the light will come on at its scheduled
interval even if the service was recently done.

news:1_574166_b2d844c131c87434be3f841ffbf9c1b9@aut oforumz.com...

Old May 5th 05, 12:42 AM
cheska

Old May 5th 05, 12:44 AM
cheska

Where is this cluster? I have an 86 325 es and my oil light is always
on I was going to change the sender.

The real reason for opposition to red light cameras K Smythe Driving 39 May 3rd 05 03:53 PM
2000 528i airbag warning light Tbird-Steve BMW 7 March 16th 05 06:02 PM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 08:14 AM
Brake rotors already grooving [email protected] Technology 46 January 15th 05 03:42 PM
1995 SL1 Service Engine Soon Light KentS Saturn 0 October 11th 04 10:08 PM