Brazillian pulley

Old December 27th 04, 05:33 AM
Braukuche

Default Brazillian pulley

The Brazillian pulley on my engine has two notches, anyone know what they
represent?
--Dan E
Old December 31st 04, 09:01 PM
Eric

I bought one from CIP yellow anodized. What a POS. they claimed it was 7.5
and 10. Not even close. I cleaned up an older one 5 ATC and filed new
notches from an older one. Eric

Old January 7th 05, 03:11 PM
Braukuche

Hey Eric!
Yeah, that's what they told me but it never seemed right and I don't have
amother pulley to compare it to. What do those two marks actually represent?
How far are they from TDC so I can fiel new marks? I'm running a stock
push/pull diz so I need to know where 5 ATC is, too.
Thanks for your help,
--Dan

Old January 9th 05, 04:42 PM
Braukuche

>If you're interested, let me know what diameter you want, and what
>timing marks, and I'll check to see if that's what you need.

Hey Jim,
Basically my pulley is one of those gold anodized Brazillian pulleys with two
notches which Iwas told represent 7.5 and 10 BTDC. I need to know where 5ATDC
is. If you have one of those pulleys and could match it up to a German one with
a TDC notch and could tell me where TDC would be on my pulley that would solve
my problem as I could then just measure and file a notch representing TDC and
then 5ATDC.
Thanks,
--Dan
Old January 10th 05, 04:57 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: Jim Adney

>If you DON'T trust what you were told, then there's nothing any of us
>can do to help you, because we can't verify anything from here. (My
>crystal ball is in the shop....)

Jim we can just point the OP to this printable version of a degree pulley...he
just needs to ignore the part that is associated with the cam the person made
it for
http://www.dune-buggy.com/uploads/Bu...egreeWheel.pdf

-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old January 10th 05, 07:18 AM
Braukuche

>If you DON'T trust what you were told, then there's nothing any of us
>can do to help you, because we can't verify anything from here. (My
>crystal ball is in the shop....)

I don't trust it, that was the purpose of the initial post. What I was hoping
to find was someone who had a Brazillian pulley and a German one or a degreed
pulley with known timing marks who could match the pulleys up side by side and
tell me what the marks on the Brazillian one really represent. Doesn't require
a crystal ball really, just two pulleys, but thanks anyway.
--Dan E
Old January 11th 05, 03:29 AM
Jim Adney

On 10 Jan 2005 03:57:55 GMT EMOVE (Chris Perdue)
wrote:

>>From: Jim Adney

>>If you DON'T trust what you were told, then there's nothing any of us
>>can do to help you, because we can't verify anything from here. (My
>>crystal ball is in the shop....)
>>

>Jim we can just point the OP to this printable version of a degree pulley...he
>just needs to ignore the part that is associated with the cam the person made
>it for

http://www.dune-buggy.com/uploads/Bu...egreeWheel.pdf

That's a nice suggestion, but it only works easily if his pulley is
the same diameter, and he still doesn't know how to orient it if he
doesn't have a trustworthy reference point.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA