Flame wars

Old October 16th 04, 12:50 AM
Thomas Malmevik

Default Flame wars

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Tim Rogers wrote:

> .................Some servers maintain more messages than others. Righ now,
> the Road Runner news server here in my region is only saving a little over
> 300 posts. That would only take you back for about a week's worth of posts.
> Why would any newbie even suspect that this guy is preying upon ACVW
> enthusiasts and then do a google search for him unless they see a post like
> the one that I made earlier this morning? I understand that this is an
> unpleasant subject for the regulars who have read all about this crook in
> the past few months but it is important to not let him slip under the radar
> for those who aren't here on a regular basis or who have just arrived, in my
> opinion. I'm not trying to make a point that hasn't already been made or as
> you say......'make it stronger' through repetition. If any of the other long
> standing members of this group are strongly in favor of ignoring this
> situation until it supposedly goes away, I'd like to hear them voice their
> opinion on this.

I would opine that aqs long as the little thieving asshole is
still on this group, that everyone should be warned anytime he posts about
something for sale or trade. We have enough knowledgable people in this
group that we can do without any advice that he gives. I personally don't
believe a word he types. The people he has screwed over have been around a
lot longer than him and I trust their evidence in this matter.

My 2 cents.
--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 16th 04, 01:05 AM
Kaferdave

Okay, I am going to chime in with my 2 cents on this-

I have dealt with Mario, aka kafertoys.
I traded him a set of strange front turn signals, for a (known to me
beforehand) broken horn-ringed EMPI VDM wheel.

I sent him the turn signals.
He sent me the wheel.

No muss, no fuss, just a straight-across trade, with each person paying their
own postage.

I know that John C (and maybe others) have had issues with him, or maybe the
others are just jumping on the bandwagon; I dunno. I don't know either side of
the John C/ Mario fiasco, nor do I want to. Neither "combatant" has tried to
tell me their side of the story, and I am thankful. I don't know, don't need to
know, and don't want to know.

My experience with Mario, aka kafertoys, was pleasant, fast, honorable, and
truthful.

FWIW.

Flaming me, or e-mailing me with "but he did this" or "but he did that" will be
met with an instant killfile.
I know John C.
I know Mario.
Both are welcome at casa kaferdave, anytime.
(Although probably not at the SAME time.....)
Old October 16th 04, 02:33 AM
Thomas Malmevik

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jan Andersson wrote:

> I don't mind hearing a fact-proven warning about anyone when there is
> need.
>
> I DO mind however seeing this out-of-proportion flood about Mario.
>
> MODERATION, dammit! That's what I'm asking for. Several messages a day,
> even per week, about the same thing is TOO-DAMN-MUCH. Doesn't really
> matter WHAT it's about. I HEARD YOU ALREADY.
>
> Jan

Hey Jan, Why not just use the delete key when something like this
comes up. Just axin (for our spelling queen)

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 16th 04, 02:46 AM
Kidd Andersson

>I would opine that aqs long as the little thieving asshole is
>still on this group, that everyone should be warned anytime he posts about
>something for sale or trade. We have enough knowledgable people in this
>group that we can do without any advice that he gives. I personally don't
>believe a word he types. The people he has screwed over have been around a
>lot longer than him and I trust their evidence in this matter.
>
>My 2 cents.
>--
>the Grokdoc
>Tom Malmevik

No disrespect, but you might want to check the dates on these things when
you've been away for a few days. Once they die, it's best to just let them die
and not bring it up again to start all over.
So says the Spelling/Grammar Queen.

Kidd
What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A
northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts
with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****..."
Old October 18th 04, 05:32 PM
Hairy

"Thomas Malmevik" > wrote > My opinion
again....I don't believe that a fact based warning
> about a known thief is a Flame.

"fact based"?? I've seen no verifiable facts posted by either side. Only
accusations and innuendo. I assume by your post that you have personally
verified the accusations. Please post your results for all to see. Until
then, I, for one, will remember that this is usenet, where anyone can say
anything about anybody with relative impunity.

Hairy (not just another follower)

Old October 18th 04, 11:53 PM
John Connolly

give me your FAX # and I'll send you a copy of 2 lawsuits that were found
against Mario Gavazzi. But then again he'll just claim they are
fabrications, lies, or the judge was "rigged", right?

John

Old October 19th 04, 12:07 AM
Kafertoys

>give me your FAX # and I'll send you a copy of 2 lawsuits that were found
>against Mario Gavazzi. But then again he'll just claim they are
>fabrications, lies, or the judge was "rigged", right?

No John I repeat what I said before you put a law suit against me in a court
that has no jurisdiction. And thats why I didn't waste my customers money to
fly out there and play your silly little game.

Why don't you also send them the letter you got from my lawyer trying to settle
our dispute, so everybody could have avoided lisening to all your whinning.

oh and try to have a nice day

Mario

Old October 19th 04, 12:55 AM
John Connolly

like I said........ LOL

John

Old October 19th 04, 01:00 AM
Shaggie

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:55:58 -0600, "John Connolly"
> wrote:

>like I said........ LOL
>
>John

He said he went to "collage," not law school. ;-)

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old October 19th 04, 01:05 AM
Tim Rogers

"Kafertoys" > wrote in message

> No John I repeat what I said before you put a law suit against me in a

court
> that has no jurisdiction. And thats why I didn't waste my customers money

> fly out there and play your silly little game.

................Your customers' money? Lets see if this is how it works with
you (hypothetically): Mario gets a summons from a court that DOES have
jurisdiction. Mario needs money to travel to the court, pay attorney fees,
pay judgement amount to the plaintiff, pay court fees, etc., etc. Mario
sells customers cars and/or parts from his customers' cars and uses his
'customer's money' to keep from losing his @$$. Mario stays in business and
attracts even more victims........uh......err......I mean 'customers'.

........Is this what you meant when you said that traveling to an out of
state court would cause you to waste your customers' money?