ABS Problem - 94 Accord

Old January 13th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default ABS Problem - 94 Accord

I have a 1994 Accord EX wagon that was involved in a accident that required
replacement of the ABS unit. I've purchased 2 different used units in
addition to the original unit, had them installed and the system bled but
the same problem occurs. It makes a whining noise when I first start the
car and then the noise stops eventually. The other problem is that the
ABS light comes on and and stays on and the brakes don't work without a
lot of foot effort. Any guesses on what is causing the failure?

Old January 13th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Master cyclinder?

Old January 13th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

or vacuum brake booster?

Old January 13th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

According to my mechanic, he says its not the vacuum booster or master
brake cylinder...

Old January 13th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The wheel itself wasn't damaged. The damage was right at the front left
corner and it broke a piece off the ABS unit and pinched a number of the
lines that go to it. I had to have the fender, hood, radiator support
bracket, and upper control arm replaced. Everything else could be
straightened. I din't notice a noise before the accident but to be
honest, I wasn't listening for one. I had read somewhere that the ABS
unit needed to be bled a number of times in order to get the air out of it
but i don't remember where I got that info. I'll have to check with my
mechanic to see if he can check the code. Otherwise, I'll have to break
down and take it to the dealership ($$$$) and let them figure it out.
Thanks.

Old January 14th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:03:40 -0500, "gerwan"
> wrote:

>The wheel itself wasn't damaged. The damage was right at the front left
>corner and it broke a piece off the ABS unit and pinched a number of the
>lines that go to it. I had to have the fender, hood, radiator support
>bracket, and upper control arm replaced. Everything else could be
>straightened. I din't notice a noise before the accident but to be
>honest, I wasn't listening for one. I had read somewhere that the ABS
>unit needed to be bled a number of times in order to get the air out of it
>but i don't remember where I got that info. I'll have to check with my
>mechanic to see if he can check the code. Otherwise, I'll have to break
>down and take it to the dealership ($$$$) and let them figure it out.
>Thanks.

If it is like my '94 integra with separate fluid supply, there is a
long and complicated bleed procedure.