2000 jetta signal lightbulb replacement

Old July 10th 05, 07:57 PM

Default 2000 jetta signal lightbulb replacement

I have a problem with a replacement of my front right side signal bulb
in my jetta 2000. Maybe somebody can tell me how to change the bulb.
Thanks.............

Old July 11th 05, 04:21 AM
Albert Rondeau

Hi there,

the easiest way to change the bulb is actually to pull the bumper cover off.
It takes about 5 minutes once you know where all the screws are.

There are 4-t20 torx screws in each wheel well, you'll need to turn the
wheels either way to get access to them.

The grille will pull straight out with a bit of persuasion, pull at the top
corners to unclip it. You don't need to unhook the hood latch, just let the
grille hang out of the way. Under the grille you will find five T30 screws,
and two T30's in the lower grille openings, one on each side at a 45 degree
angle pointing up into the engine bay.

Once the bumper cover is all unscrewed you can pull it straight out gently
and tilt it down. Usually I put a blanket on the driveway to rest the cover
on. When it's tilted down you'll have to be careful not to rip out the
corner light wiring, when you have access to the lights you can pull the
harness straight off the light housing and move the bumper cover somewhere
safe like onto grass.

The headlight will come off by removing four Torx bolts, I believe they are
T20's but they may be larger. There is a small door which opens to access
the turn signal bulb. Buy two, the second one usually dies soon after the
first one.

ups.com...

Old July 12th 05, 02:02 AM
Matt B.

"Albert Rondeau" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi there,
>
> the easiest way to change the bulb is actually to pull the bumper cover
> off.

seriously?

my co-worker's '02 Jetta had this problem and I could access the bulb holder
from under the hood just fine. Was tough to get it to release though.

Old July 12th 05, 05:03 AM
Albert Rondeau

Once you've done it once it's a breeze, if you get a speck of crud on the
bulb it'll burn out quickly so I prefer to use this method.

2000 jetta ac Alex VW water cooled 4 May 29th 05 11:41 AM
Jetta: 1999 GL TDI versus 2000 GLS (buying) Cymen Vig VW water cooled 6 February 28th 05 10:48 PM
2000 TDI Jetta Timing Belt Replacement in Ann Arbor, MI [email protected] VW water cooled 18 January 20th 05 10:21 PM
2000 Jetta Service Questions Bob VW water cooled 10 January 1st 05 10:53 PM