C5 Steering Lock Recall

Old October 12th 04, 10:22 AM
Vinnie

Default C5 Steering Lock Recall

Does anyone out there know the factory part/s # that the dealer would
use for the lock recall. Mine locked up just prior to the recall and
had it repaired at Chevy. Then a few weeks later GM called and told me
I need to go to Chevy and take care of the recall. Chevy said they had
not repaired it to the recall standards. Then they said they had.(it's
not my favorite dealership) I need to check my receipt for Part
numbers, then I can be sure it was done. Thanks, Vinnie
Old October 24th 04, 04:24 AM
me

The parts required for the recall depend on year and whether
automatic or manual trans. and if the previous recall had
been performed. Some vehicles (2001-2004 manuals)require no parts
replacment, only pcm reprogramming.
I can tell you what should have been done if you tell me what year
and trans. you have.

Les

Here is the parts list

Part Number Description
88952427 Harness Kit, Strg Whl Theft Dtrnt Lk Shorting
(automatics except export vehicles)

88952428 Wire Kit, Strg Whl Theft Dtrnt Lk
(1998-2000 manuals & export automatics)

26056108 Nut, Strg Whl

26094767 Plate, Strg Shf Lk
(manuals except exports)

88964588 Plate, Strg Shk Lk
(export)

05694191 Ring, Strg Shf Lk Plt Ret

(Vinnie) wrote in
om:

Old October 24th 04, 04:24 AM
me

Old November 6th 04, 11:31 PM
Vinnie

me > wrote in message news:<pfFed.16209$Pl.352@pd7tw1no>...
> The parts required for the recall depend on year and whether
> automatic or manual trans. and if the previous recall had
> been performed. Some vehicles (2001-2004 manuals)require no parts
> replacment, only pcm reprogramming.
> I can tell you what should have been done if you tell me what year
> and trans. you have.
>
> Les
>
> Here is the parts list
>
> Part Number Description
> 88952427 Harness Kit, Strg Whl Theft Dtrnt Lk Shorting
> (automatics except export vehicles)
>
> 88952428 Wire Kit, Strg Whl Theft Dtrnt Lk
> (1998-2000 manuals & export automatics)
>
> 26056108 Nut, Strg Whl
>
> 26094767 Plate, Strg Shf Lk
> (manuals except exports)
>
> 88964588 Plate, Strg Shk Lk
> (export)
>
> 05694191 Ring, Strg Shf Lk Plt Ret
>

> (Vinnie) wrote in
> om:
>
> > Does anyone out there know the factory part/s # that the dealer would
> > use for the lock recall. Mine locked up just prior to the recall and
> > had it repaired at Chevy. Then a few weeks later GM called and told me
> > I need to go to Chevy and take care of the recall. Chevy said they had
> > not repaired it to the recall standards. Then they said they had.(it's
> > not my favorite dealership) I need to check my receipt for Part
> > numbers, then I can be sure it was done. Thanks, Vinnie

Hey Les thanks, I have a 1998 Auto. Some of the parts a 1-26089807
lock, 1-88952427 harness, 1-88914568 fuse
Old November 6th 04, 11:31 PM
Vinnie

Old November 7th 04, 12:49 AM
Gerd Henjes

Get a colume lock bypass and forget about this crap!

Did one on my '97 and now on my '04 Z-06... the problem is solved.

Gerd

om...

Old November 7th 04, 12:49 AM
Gerd Henjes

Get a colume lock bypass and forget about this crap!

Did one on my '97 and now on my '04 Z-06... the problem is solved.

Gerd

om...

Old November 7th 04, 10:31 PM
Gerd Henjes

Try a Google search or go to: http://forums.corvetteforum.com . Gerd

Old November 7th 04, 10:31 PM
Gerd Henjes

Try a Google search or go to: http://forums.corvetteforum.com . Gerd

"LIW" > wrote in message news:51tjd.1201$rx5.700@trnddc06...
> Where do you get the bypass, and does it interfere with anything else in
> the
> car? Seems I read about some problem, but I forgot what it was.

528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 07:38 PM
Steering lock problems John Graves BMW 2 December 14th 04 03:53 PM
Steering lock stopped working John Graves BMW 1 December 14th 04 01:14 PM
Alfa 156 engine stalls when steering is at full lock and car is stationary ! John Alfa Romeo 3 September 10th 04 03:20 PM
Column Lock Recall Stephen Rabinowitz Corvette 4 August 10th 04 11:28 PM