which radio to buy for my TJ??

Old January 6th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default which radio to buy for my TJ??

slightly off topic but I want to know who has had what kind of luck with XM
or sirirus I want to get a nice cd player for my trail buggy with satellite
but not sure which one is better??? Any comments would be greatly
appreciated!

--
Jarod Sprauer

Talk is JEEP at
www.sprauermotorsports.com
281-807-JEEP (5337)

Old January 6th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I got the Sirius radio for my gf at christmas, she drives a 2000 TJ.

I put the antennae on the front windshield wiper cowl, right in front of the
driver's side. I also used the suction cup window mount, but I'm going to
design a little console for the inside for it... Not many places for the
thing to fit really in the cab that I know of. Pretty easy to install the
thing.

There's a signal indicator for satellite and what I think is land
towers/antennas (terra). I could pick up a signal with the antennae on top
of the speaker box, under the soft top, but the signal was somewhat weak,
but there for sure.

Now if you care about such things, Sirius is going to have Howard Stern, not
XM. I don't listen to him anyways but she says she does.

It's pretty cool though, great not to have commercials but there's the
occasional station identification, only lasts a couple seconds tho.

Troy

Old January 6th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I have an XM SkyFi in my TJ, I put the antenna on the roll bar and it works
great through the hardtop. Sirius vs. XM is more a choice of taste: XM has
NASCAR (for now), MLB, and NCAA football, where Sirius has Howard Stern, NFL
and NHL. I will move to Sirius in 2007 with NASCAR (yes, I am a red-neck
NASCAR fan, GO 48!).

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old January 6th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Ride Pix

Jim,

Please tell us about the water adventure ride pix you have posted on Frappr!

Old January 6th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I also got Sirius for Xmas. I mounted the antenna with velcro to the
dash of my YJ. It works, but sometimes takes 5 min of "aquiring
signal" before it works consistantly. Is that because it is inside the
Jeep or due to my location?

If mounting the antenna to the hood makes it work instantly, id be
willing to give that a try.

CTM

Old January 6th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Not to hi-jack this thread but, Indeed! Those are 35" BFG's drowning in
that pool! When I eased off, I still hit my right rear corner and tail
light. Quite a ride down that creek!
Here is some recent pics from the same area... unfortunately I did not
attend this day:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lected=1564038

JimG

Old January 6th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

48 & 24 !!!! i didnt know you could get nascar so they will be on sirius in
07?

Old January 7th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Sorry for hijacking the thread too, blame my hubby, he pointed it out.
DANG!
They are really tearing stuff up!
Looks like all of those rigs have been turned into thrashers.

Thanks for telling us abotut the water pic, I was curious too.

But ON topic... I have the Sirius and I like it pretty well, I don't listen
to sports of ANY kind, but the music selection is good.
My KJ came equipped with it.

Kate

"JimG" > wrote in message
: Not to hi-jack this thread but, Indeed! Those are 35" BFG's drowning in
: that pool! When I eased off, I still hit my right rear corner and tail
: light. Quite a ride down that creek!
: Here is some recent pics from the same area... unfortunately I did not
: attend this day:
: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lected=1564038
:
: JimG
:
: "billy ray" wrote in message ...
: >
: > Jim,
: >

Old January 7th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Get NASCAR, Oh yea! Live broadcast of every race! Will they move to
Sirius... that's what I hear... I hope XM finds a way to keep it though. I
have invested in lots of hardware for XM.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...adio-comp4.htm

JimG

Old January 7th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

<continue hi-jack>
Yep... those guys with the XJ's used to have nice CJ's and YJ's, but sold
out and picked up the bangers to give it h$LL! I must admit... there is
some attraction to that way of thinking.
<end hi-jack>

JimG

"KJ.Kate" wrote in message ...
> Sorry for hijacking the thread too, blame my hubby, he pointed it out.
> DANG!
> They are really tearing stuff up!
> Looks like all of those rigs have been turned into thrashers.

Replacement for stock 92 Passat radio w/ActivX Edvardo VW water cooled 2 July 26th 05 10:12 PM
Audi Radio: Delta CC in 96 Audi Cab doesn't turn on...... [email protected] Audi 4 March 19th 05 02:28 PM
2004 TJ Radio Removal? Intergate Jeep 2 February 10th 05 02:52 AM
97 explorer radio lights Don-Don Ford Explorer 1 October 27th 04 01:48 AM
On-board Radio Diagnostic Oppie Saturn 0 August 23rd 04 02:39 AM