OT Rockfire install?

Old January 9th 05, 09:26 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:00:42 -0800, Den wrote:
> Hi Guys
> I have been trying to get my son's old Msffb gameport wheel to work for
> him,i ordered a rockfire rm203 (USB converter) from the states,after
> connecting to computer using sidewinder 4.0 software {mode 3} i get 4 button
> 4 axis,it comes up with z rotation etc,it will not recognise it as a wheel,i
> have tried all modes to the same response.If anyone out there has a similar
> config would you please advise how you got the wheel to be recognised.

Hi Den,

you should be able to use the wheel now in most sims if the axises
axae ;-) are recognized by windows / dx calibration. I guess your
problem is with the sw profiling software then? Most modern sims allow
you to customize ff in-game or by editing text-based ini files, so you
might want to try without the profiler software first.

All the best,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old January 9th 05, 10:00 PM
Den

Default OT Rockfire install?

Hi Guys
I have been trying to get my son's old Msffb gameport wheel to work for
him,i ordered a rockfire rm203 (USB converter) from the states,after
connecting to computer using sidewinder 4.0 software {mode 3} i get 4 button
4 axis,it comes up with z rotation etc,it will not recognise it as a wheel,i
have tried all modes to the same response.If anyone out there has a similar
config would you please advise how you got the wheel to be recognised.
Athlon 2000
A7N8X-X MB
512 ram
GF2 ti card
wins XP
Thanks in Advance
Den

Old January 10th 05, 01:38 PM
Remco Moedt

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:00:42 -0800, "Den" > wrote:

>Hi Guys
>I have been trying to get my son's old Msffb gameport wheel to work for
>him,i ordered a rockfire rm203 (USB converter) from the states,after
>connecting to computer using sidewinder 4.0 software {mode 3} i get 4 button
>4 axis,it comes up with z rotation etc,it will not recognise it as a wheel,i
>have tried all modes to the same response.If anyone out there has a similar
>config would you please advise how you got the wheel to be recognised.
>Athlon 2000
>A7N8X-X MB
>512 ram
>GF2 ti card
>wins XP
>Thanks in Advance

AFAIK the A7N8X-X does have a gameport connection. You might have to
buy a connector for it (should be cheap).

Cheers!

Remco

Old January 10th 05, 02:55 PM
Den

Thanks Uwe for your reply,unfortunatly i did not make myself clear,it comes
up with 4 button 4 axis but it will not let me calibrate,also the wheel is
not showing any calibration, (in any of the 4 modes on the rockfire) if i
directly connect my own wheel (Msffb-usb} the system recognises it
instantly,so the system is fine just will not recognise the gameport version
connected through the Rockfire adaptor.
TIA
den