Cool corvette ad that didn't last long

Old June 6th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Cool corvette ad that didn't last long

Apparently only aired during the Olympics:

http://jeffareid.net/misc/vtdrm.wmv

A classic here, VW Polos are tough:

http://jeffareid.net/misc/vwbmbr.wmv

Old June 6th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in news:C77hg.102580$iU2.73945
@fed1read01:

> http://jeffareid.net/misc/vtdrm.wmv

Ha! a kiddie add for a kiddie car. lol. Looked more like
MotorCity Madness than a car commercial.

dave(see how I snuck on-topic content in?)henrie
Old June 6th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

hehe..Yea which Porsche keeps up???

>> http://jeffareid.net/misc/vtdrm.wmv

> Ha! a kiddie add for a kiddie car. lol. Looked more like
>MotorCity Madness than a car commercial.
>
>dave(see how I snuck on-topic content in?)henrie

Was a great commecial until the Safety Nazis got their smelling salts and got up
off the floor to demand it be cancelled. Cant have the kiddies thinking that
sort of driving is ok.

PAPADOC
My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
Old June 6th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> hehe..Yea which Porsche keeps up???

From a standing start the rear engine, 4wd 911 Turbo
will outlaunch the Z06, but from about 40mph on, the
Vette is quicker, having a better power to weight
ratio. In stock form, and good conditions, the Vette
can pull 11.7's at 125mph. With cold air intake,
header, mid-pipe, and re-tune 11.5's at 127mph.

Stock with drag radials, someone posted a 11.2 run, also
at 127mph.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

Some guy with Hoosier Slicks on a Z06 is running 1:26's
at the big Willow Springs track, which is really fast.

Video from Fifth Gear, Tiff is mostly power sliding in
the z06:

http://jeffareid.net/real/z065g.wmv

Video from Top Gear, (Jeremy said the car was too loud
and harsh for the street in his comments, but the
video clip only shows the driving):

http://jeffareid.net/real/z06tg.wmv

Old June 6th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>> hehe..Yea which Porsche keeps up???

> From a standing start the rear engine, 4wd 911 Turbo
> will outlaunch the Z06, but from about 40mph on, the
> Vette is quicker, having a better power to weight
> ratio. In stock form, and good conditions, the Vette
> can pull 11.7's at 125mph. With cold air intake,
> header, mid-pipe, and re-tune 11.5's at 127mph.

This reminds me of Canada, 1976.
Driver # 1 -Me. Car-My Mum's Mini 1000
Driver # 2-Jay(golf team captain, football jock, all around super
dude)Johnson. Car-Corvette (can't remember specs)
A race around the block from a standing start.
No contest. I ****ed all over him.
Never did make the golf team

Old June 6th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> This reminds me of Canada, 1976.
> Driver # 1 -Me. Car-My Mum's Mini 1000
> Driver # 2-Jay(golf team captain, football jock, all around super dude)Johnson. Car-Corvette (can't remember specs)
> A race around the block from a standing start.
> No contest. I ****ed all over him.
> Never did make the golf team

That's changed now, the new Z06 corners very well. A co-worker
runs with the speedventures groups, and had the 3rd fastest lap
time of the day in the 1:30's with a modified Suburu WRX STI,
the Corvette Z06 was stock except for the Hoosier slicks, and
was running 1:26's. To match that kind of time, a Honda NSX
needs to be heavily modified, with a supercharger, aerodynamic,
suspension mods, and slicks.

The Z06 makes about 515hp or so, 440rwhp to 450rwhp, and 460rwhp
if re-tuned. It weighs about 3150lbs, making it lighter than the
Subaru WRX STI.

Old June 7th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> The Z06 makes about 515hp or so, 440rwhp to 450rwhp, and 460rwhp
> if re-tuned. It weighs about 3150lbs, making it lighter than the
> Subaru WRX STI.

Trivia time: we all know Z06 is the special performance minded Corvette.
Any one remember where did the designation "Z06" came from?

(No research please... That'd be cheating! Guesses are okay.)

Old June 7th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Trivia time: we all know Z06 is the special performance minded Corvette.
> Any one remember where did the designation "Z06" came from?

I can only guess it's the part number for some upgraded component, like
Z51 for the standard Vette. Maybe the suspension on an older model?

I've never understood GM's part numbering scheme, WS6 for a F-Body
car (Trans-Am), Z06 for a Y-Body (Corvette).

Old June 7th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Why Z06? [Was Cool corvette ad that didn't last long]

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>> Trivia time: we all know Z06 is the special performance minded
>> Corvette.
>> Any one remember where did the designation "Z06" came from?

> I can only guess it's the part number for some upgraded component,
> like
> Z51 for the standard Vette. Maybe the suspension on an older model?
>
> I've never understood GM's part numbering scheme, WS6 for a F-Body
> car (Trans-Am), Z06 for a Y-Body (Corvette).

What? Jeff is the only one who'd even venture a guess?

I think I'll wait another 24 hours before posting the answer. Those of
you who
want to know can e-mail me for the answer.

--
--remove NOSPAMYOUIDIOT to reply, is invalid--
K S C H A N G 77 (AT) PC Guru, web developer, gamer, Trekker

Old June 7th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

since I can't google it, the guy duntof middle name zora(bad spelling)