miata power window motor weight

Old June 26th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default miata power window motor weight

Since we were discussing the weight of the power window motors, I
decided to go ahead and weigh one since I am gutting a few doors to
auction the parts.
It comes out to a little under two pounds for the motor alone.

So, the power windows are adding about 3.5 pounds total to the weight of
a miata if you add the extra wiring/switches and then subtract the
weight of the crank mechanism and handle.
This is on a 1990 model, which should be the same through 1997. I guess
I can live with that.....

Pat
Old June 27th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws wrote:
> Since we were discussing the weight of the power window motors, I
> decided to go ahead and weigh one since I am gutting a few doors to
> auction the parts.
> It comes out to a little under two pounds for the motor alone.
>
> So, the power windows are adding about 3.5 pounds total to the weight of
> a miata if you add the extra wiring/switches and then subtract the
> weight of the crank mechanism and handle.
> This is on a 1990 model, which should be the same through 1997. I guess
> I can live with that.....
>
> Pat

The day after swilling a six-pack of beer and several plates of nachos
would probably have the same weight effect...
Old June 27th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Fabiano wrote:

> The day after swilling a six-pack of beer and several plates of nachos
> would probably have the same weight effect...

That would seem to be the case, but my metabolism burns food faster than
my miata burns gas.

20 years of anti-dieting and I can't put on a pound. I would love to put
on about 20 pounds, but I have learned not to say that in public after
getting chased by an angry Jenny Craig crowd.
Luckily for me, they were very easy to outrun..... ;-)

Pat