Who Needs a Hybrid???

Old September 19th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_5_]

Default Who Needs a Hybrid???

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> On 2006-09-19, Mike Smith > wrote:
>
> > That doesn't strike me as being particularly "optimal". But then again,
> > neither does living in 110-degree weather.

> I guess I meant in the sense of optimum design parameters. IOW,
> designed to do the minimum required job within the constraints of the
> overall vehicle, such as power, size, load, etc. I have no doubt the
> air conditioning power for my car would be adequate for all but one
> situation: a black exterior, which mine has. That color just absorbs
> too much radiant heat and overwhelms the AC. I'm sure it would work
> just fine in a white car. As for the weather, that's not too bad.
> It's those occasional 115 deg days that kill. I could bake bread in
> my car. True story: I once left a sixpack of 7UP in the back on a
> 100+ deg day. Every can blew and the spray turned black against the
> cream colored liner.
>
> nb

I painted my house black with the idea of saving on heating bills. I live
in sunny but cold Colorado. It didn't work. The black paint apparently
radiates more than it absorbs, and melts most of the snow in my yard.

Earle

Old September 20th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Mike Smith wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> >
> > I suppose at some point, all vehicles will be the equivalent of M1 tanks
> > with like increases in weight and consumption of resources to build the
> > damned things. Hell, they are already being weight hogs.
> >
> > I suppose at some point, we will all be injected with the "cure all"
> > mental tonics to ensure conformance with "upgraded" societal standards.
> >
> > I suppose at some point, feeding will be automated as will be sleeping
> > and who know... Procreation too!

> I suppose at some point, you'll take off your tinfoil hat and join the
> human race.
>
> --
> Mike Smith

Looks like you *have been* assimilated...

JT