Need advice - looking to buy a used vette

Old September 13th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Grego

Default Need advice - looking to buy a used vette

I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm
thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to
go.

Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in
the U.S.?

Any recommendations on preferable years?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Old September 13th 06, 05:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Big Al[_1_]

"Grego" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
> 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm
> thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to
> go.
>
> Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in
> the U.S.?
>
> Any recommendations on preferable years?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Greg

cars.com

Old September 13th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Empty3

"Grego" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
> 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm
> thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to
> go.
>
> Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in
> the U.S.?
>
> Any recommendations on preferable years?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Greg

Try www.corvettetrader.com,

Empty3

Old September 13th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Grego wrote:
> I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
> 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm
> thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to
> go.
>
> Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in
> the U.S.?
>
> Any recommendations on preferable years?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Greg

I'm pleased with my 2002 (purchased used a year ago). You might look
for a Silver Anniversary badged car (2003). Used prices have risen in
SoCal about $ 5K over the last year.

For the SoCal market, check < www.autotrader.com >. Plug in a zip code
in the center of your target area and a suitable radius. (Example:
Barstow, zip 92310 with a 250 mile radius would include most of the
SoCal Area.)
PJ
'89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe
Old September 14th 06, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jon[_1_]

Grego wrote:

> I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
> 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing.

Why LA? That will probably be the highest priced place in the entire
nation.

Old September 15th 06, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Jon wrote:

> Grego wrote:
>
>> I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a
>> 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing.

> Why LA? That will probably be the highest priced place in the entire
> nation.

I tend to agree on the price angle. If SoCal is your shopping target,
look at Santa Barbara, or small isolated spots like Rancho Santa Fe.
Lower mileage, fewer 1/4 mile runs and probably better care.

--
PJ
Old September 15th 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ