Nav problem on '06

Old September 12th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Nav problem on '06

I just brought home an '06 touring editon with Nav and DVD and I've got
a list of things that I didn't notice when I test drove it that are
driving me nuts, but the one that is really bugging me the most is that
the maps on the Nav are missing streets and I don't live in the middle
of nowhere, I live in Los Angles and these aren't minor dead end
streets these are streets that cross intersections that have lights.
I traded in a Nissan Quest and for all it's problems it makes the
Honda's nav system look like crap.
I'm at the closest I can be on the zoom, so is there something else I
could be doing or do I just accept that it's got a lot of streets
missing?
I know that the Honda is the better car, but the details that the car
is missing, in their primo package, is really annoying. Next time I'll
do my research better.

Old September 12th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
hardtstein

I have a 2006 Civic with the navagation package and also live in Los
Angeles. I have used it throughout the west and as far east as Ohio.
I have found very few missing streets. Some "new" streets aren't
shown, also some new extentions of old streets, such as Golden Valley
west of the 14 and Carl Boyer, both in the Santa Clarita area. Also
Golden Valley offramp on the 14 isn't shown.A problem I have found is
that its database of stores is very poor and lacks many retail stores
that have been around for years.