Static cling RAMVA

Old September 6th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dave Tosi

Default Static cling RAMVA

Hey y'all,

Does anyone have any of the static cling RAMVA stickers, for VW windows,
that were made a few years ago. Mine has self destructed and I'm looking to
get another.

Fweem.

Dave

--
David A. Tosi
Facilities Manager

Also an antique VW nut!

Old September 7th 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

It seems like a a guy named Steve from Alabama made them. Mine are
still in my car windows. Unfortunately the car does not run to drive
around with them on.

Old September 8th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Al

Arggh! I want one!

Al
70 Vert

Old September 8th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Here is a link to a pic of what the RAMVA sticker looks like
http://www.aircooled.net/images/gnrlpgs/ramva.jpg

Old September 8th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Bill Berckman" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Here is a link to a pic of what the RAMVA sticker looks like
> http://www.aircooled.net/images/gnrlpgs/ramva.jpg

Seen them in Belgium a couple (3?) of years ago.
My guess is that the vendor was Brittish.
If I ever see one again I'll buy it, for the daily driver

Roger

Old September 8th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David

bug '59 wrote:
> "Bill Berckman" > schreef in bericht
> oups.com...
>> Here is a link to a pic of what the RAMVA sticker looks like
>> http://www.aircooled.net/images/gnrlpgs/ramva.jpg
>>

> Seen them in Belgium a couple (3?) of years ago.
> My guess is that the vendor was Brittish.
> If I ever see one again I'll buy it, for the daily driver
>
> Roger

not sure, but i bought a ramva sticker from this person ( i think his name was Jim Buys ) a couple years ago. you can
contact him here to see if he does static cling.
http://public.fotki.com/vdubjim/stickers/ramva.html
david

Old September 9th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Don't forget also that Volkswagen of America has threatened legal
action against anyone producing this sticker. Copy of letter here.
http://www.vwmagazine.com/stopvwoa/ramva.html

Old September 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
greg mushial

On 8 Sep 2006 17:42:04 -0700, "Bill Berckman"
> wrote:

>Don't forget also that Volkswagen of America has threatened legal
>action against anyone producing this sticker. Copy of letter here.
>http://www.vwmagazine.com/stopvwoa/ramva.html

We didn't forget (couldn't): when the wife needed a new car 4 months
ago... VWofA wasn't on the list - like the cars, could've bought one,
but simply couldn't ignore/accept their treatment of the ACVW
community - we voted with our feet: we bought a TOYOTA!

greg (67 t1 71 t2)
Old September 10th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

I also had to pick up a new daily driver this week. Did not stop by
any VW dealerships, and instead got a Saturn. Not the most fancy car
in the world, but it should get the job done. I was going to buy a new
Hyundai Elantra, but saw that they had a used 2001 Saturn SC1 2 door on
the lot with 44,000 miles, so I ended up with getting that. Some old
guy had just traded it in a couple of hours before I got there. It is
one of those funny 3 door coupes with the extra door in the back on the
drivers side. It is a 5 speed so it gets pretty good gas mileage. It
is EPA rated at 28 mpg in the city & 40mpg on the highway. The Hyundai
dealer had the Elantras advertised for a low price, but by the time
they added all the extras, the price was several thousand dollars
higher. I was surprised at all of the late model cars on the lots with
a ton of miles on them. One advertised a 2004 model with "Only" 65000
miles on it. That seemed like a lot for a 2 year old car. People must
be driving more these days.

Old September 10th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
n5hsr

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I also had to pick up a new daily driver this week. Did not stop by
> any VW dealerships, and instead got a Saturn. Not the most fancy car
> in the world, but it should get the job done. I was going to buy a new
> Hyundai Elantra, but saw that they had a used 2001 Saturn SC1 2 door on
> the lot with 44,000 miles, so I ended up with getting that. Some old
> guy had just traded it in a couple of hours before I got there. It is
> one of those funny 3 door coupes with the extra door in the back on the
> drivers side. It is a 5 speed so it gets pretty good gas mileage. It
> is EPA rated at 28 mpg in the city & 40mpg on the highway. The Hyundai
> dealer had the Elantras advertised for a low price, but by the time
> they added all the extras, the price was several thousand dollars
> higher. I was surprised at all of the late model cars on the lots with
> a ton of miles on them. One advertised a 2004 model with "Only" 65000
> miles on it. That seemed like a lot for a 2 year old car. People must
> be driving more these days.
>
> greg mushial wrote:
>> On 8 Sep 2006 17:42:04 -0700, "Bill Berckman"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Don't forget also that Volkswagen of America has threatened legal
>> >action against anyone producing this sticker. Copy dsfof letter here.
>> >http://www.vwmagazine.com/stopvwoa/ramva.html

>> We didn't forget (couldn't): when the wife needed a new car 4 months
>> ago... VWofA wasn't on the list - like the cars, could've bought one,
>> but simply couldn't ignore/accept their treatment of the ACVW
>> community - we voted with our feet: we bought a TOYOTA!
>>
>> greg (67 t1 71 t2)

I haven't bought my first VW yet. Right now the wallet has the Italian
disease. But my DD is a Toyota with 226,000 miles on it.
Charles of Schaumburg

OT --- Radio Static - AM Band, Engine OFF Jeff Strickland[_1_] Jeep 7 July 8th 06 05:39 AM
How to neutralize static charges [email protected] Corvette 2 April 12th 06 04:43 PM
FM Radio Static? Frank Honda 0 January 10th 05 02:22 AM
92 SL2 - Static Battery Draw Scott Saturn 5 December 9th 04 06:15 PM
Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 08:22 AM