Fuel Supply line fitting difficult to remove

Old January 6th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Fuel Supply line fitting difficult to remove

I'm trying to change my fuel pressure regulator for a 1999 jeep grand
cherokee. I've removed 2 of the fittings; however the fitting on the
fuel supply line has a plastic retainer. I've tried to remove it by
looking at the instructions in the quick connect chart on the service
manual; however I'm unable to get that sucker off. Am I suppose to use
some special tool?

Old January 6th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

jnm007a did pass the time by typing:
> I'm trying to change my fuel pressure regulator for a 1999 jeep grand
> cherokee. I've removed 2 of the fittings; however the fitting on the
> fuel supply line has a plastic retainer. I've tried to remove it by
> looking at the instructions in the quick connect chart on the service
> manual; however I'm unable to get that sucker off. Am I suppose to use
> some special tool?

"depends" There are several flavors out there.

Got a picture you could post to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 ?

Some require squeezy type disconnects. Looks like a power cord choke
coil. AutoZone and some places have them for loan.

Some use a clip spring and you can release them with a bit of heavy
plastic or tin. You just roll the plastic and cut it so it fits around the
metal pipe and slide it up into the quick connect to move a spring out
of the way.

Page3
http://www.ctatools.com/catalogs/fuelsys.pdf

--
DougW

Old January 6th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

There are a half dozen or so types of quick connects used on the WJ and all
but one (I think) do not require the use of tools other than nimble fingers.
Occasionally when lacking the nimbleness you can substitute a screwdriver or
pliers.

My I ask why you want to replace the regulator?

oups.com...

Old January 6th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Can you cut off these fittling and use some hose or a different connection
type that is not so damn hard to get apart or put together?

Brian Moga
Waxhaw.Net

Old January 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Brian Moga did pass the time by typing:
> Can you cut off these fittling and use some hose or a different connection
> type that is not so damn hard to get apart or put together?

Generaly, no.

Your talking high pressure fuel lines and it's best to stick with the
factory connectors and use the proper tools to get them apart.
The job savings most often pays for the tools.

--
DougW

Old January 7th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

If it's like a Ford: http://www.obd-codes.com/howto/fuelfilter.php
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

My cj7 will not start wrench Jeep 13 December 19th 05 03:06 PM
Infiniti Q45 oil pan removal procedure Miki Technology 25 December 30th 04 01:07 AM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 04:41 PM
Fuel line 1978 Vette: Process45 Corvette 0 October 24th 04 05:37 PM