2008 Accord XM Radio needs periodic refreshing??!

Old December 25th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default 2008 Accord XM Radio needs periodic refreshing??!

Hello,

This is my firt time with a build in XM radio unit and so far in the 1.5
months that I have had my 2008 Accord I have had to call XM to have them
refresh the radio because it lost satelite connection. This entails calling
them and then sitting in the car with channel one on for 20 min without
changing the stations. Anyone else having this happen or had it happen? I've
determined its not being caused by my garmin gps because it happened one
night that the gps was not in the car. Once it happened on a weekday in the
daytime, the other time it happened on a weekend at night. Now I have to
rule out my radar detector to see if thats related.

Any comments on this?

Thanks,
Al

Old December 25th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
hardtstein

I have run a Roady XT in my 2006 Civic EX for over a year all over the
U.S. with an antenna on the dash and have never had to call XM to
refresh. Maybe it is time to talk to Honda about the problem . On Tue,

Old December 30th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Okay thanks, I'm going to see if the problem is related to my radar detector
by not using it for a month or so. i already knew that the gps wasnt the
cause because it happened without that being setup, now for this one. I am
thinking it could be due to high magnetic fields, also the radar was right
above the radio.