Autonomous Vehicles

Old March 14th 15, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Electric Comet

Default Autonomous Vehicles

Has anyone had the chance to cut-off in traffic an autonomous car?

Just as a test of course.

I haven't seen one yet but have heard from those who have.

Just wondering if one rear ends me and then drives off can I sue the
hell out of googel? That might be some serious money
Who do they lock up for hit-and-run? The CEO?

Also I am wondering if I can use the autonomous car defense.
That is when I get pulled over jump in the pax seat and claim
the car is autonomous.

Old March 14th 15, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 3/14/2015 10:55 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
> Has anyone had the chance to cut-off in traffic an autonomous car?
>
> Just as a test of course.
>
> I haven't seen one yet but have heard from those who have.
>
> Just wondering if one rear ends me and then drives off can I sue the
> hell out of googel? That might be some serious money
> Who do they lock up for hit-and-run? The CEO?
>

> Also I am wondering if I can use the autonomous car defense.
> That is when I get pulled over jump in the pax seat and claim
> the car is autonomous.

My guess is that these cars have video cameras to document idiotic
driver behaviors or scams. You better stick with snatching old ladies
purses for your beer money! :-)

Old March 14th 15, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Electric Comet

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 11:02:44 -1000
dsi1 > wrote:

> My guess is that these cars have video cameras to document idiotic

Document? Idiotic? How will they prove that? Don't you know the word
accident?

> driver behaviors or scams. You better stick with snatching old ladies
> purses for your beer money! :-)

Sounds like you're revealing your income generator
better watch out for the IRS

also I know a little old lady that carries a 9mm in that purse
if she draws on you, and she will do, you will be happy if you
remembered to wear your diapers :-)

Old March 14th 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Electric Comet > wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 11:02:44 -1000
>dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> My guess is that these cars have video cameras to document idiotic

>Document? Idiotic? How will they prove that? Don't you know the word
>accident?

The same way they do it today when drivers have dashboard cams. They
show the video from the camera to the jury and and the prosecutor
points out the idiotic thing, and then the person responsible for
cutting the vehicle off gets declared guilty.

Because juries know the word "accident" but they also know words
like "intentional collision."
--scott

Old March 15th 15, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 3/14/2015 11:46 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 11:02:44 -1000
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> My guess is that these cars have video cameras to document idiotic

> Document? Idiotic? How will they prove that? Don't you know the word
> accident?
>
>> driver behaviors or scams. You better stick with snatching old ladies
>> purses for your beer money! :-)

> Sounds like you're revealing your income generator
> better watch out for the IRS
>
> also I know a little old lady that carries a 9mm in that purse
> if she draws on you, and she will do, you will be happy if you
> remembered to wear your diapers :-)

Thanks for the heads up! What's the name of this lady and what times
will she be on the street? One can never be too careful these days with
all the old ladies with guns acting like they're Rambo or some such!

Old March 15th 15, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Google,,, Autonomous car to drive 3,500 miles across America. I think I saw that at www.drudgereport.com a few days ago.
Old March 16th 15, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 3/15/2015 11:02 AM, JR wrote:
> On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 7:25:57 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 3/14/2015 11:46 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

>>> Document? Idiotic? How will they prove that? Don't you know the word
>>> accident?

>>> Sounds like you're revealing your income generator
>>> better watch out for the IRS
>>>
>>> also I know a little old lady that carries a 9mm in that purse
>>> if she draws on you, and she will do, you will be happy if you
>>> remembered to wear your diapers :-)
>>>

>> Thanks for the heads up! What's the name of this lady and what times
>> will she be on the street? One can never be too careful these days with
>> all the old ladies with guns acting like they're Rambo or some such!

> Google,,, Autonomous car to drive 3,500 miles across America. I think I saw that at www.drudgereport.com a few days ago.

I'd like to hitch a ride, if I may. :-)
Old March 16th 15, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 2:58:39 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On 3/15/2015 11:02 AM, JR wrote:

> >> Thanks for the heads up! What's the name of this lady and what times
> >> will she be on the street? One can never be too careful these days with
> >> all the old ladies with guns acting like they're Rambo or some such!

> > Google,,, Autonomous car to drive 3,500 miles across America. I think I saw that at www.drudgereport.com a few days ago.
> >

> I'd like to hitch a ride, if I may. :-)

When it gets stuck in the mud, will it call triple AAA
?
Old March 16th 15, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 3/16/2015 11:46 AM, JR wrote:
> On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 2:58:39 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Google,,, Autonomous car to drive 3,500 miles across America. I think I saw that at www.drudgereport.com a few days ago.
>>>

>> I'd like to hitch a ride, if I may. :-)

> When it gets stuck in the mud, will it call triple AAA
> ?

It'll call quadruple A - Autonomous Automobile Association of America
which will relay the call to an autonomous auto towing service. All this
will happen in one millionth of a second. :-)

BMW reveals new self-parking autonomous technology [email protected] BMW 1 December 15th 14 04:28 PM
Gas Bag Vehicles. JR[_8_] Technology 2 November 27th 13 09:28 PM
Old Vehicles Ron Old Timers Photos 0 October 5th 08 12:48 AM
Some Very Strange Vehicles javawizard Driving 0 October 31st 07 05:43 PM
FS:Vehicles&HOMES from NC Daniel-Pittsboro NC Antique cars 0 March 23rd 05 04:23 PM