What is wrong with Civic 2001 front suspension?

Old May 20th 05, 07:07 PM
Nemo

Default What is wrong with Civic 2001 front suspension?

Hello Everybody,
Recently the dealer who sold me a Civic 2001, called me and said since there
is a problem with that model front suspension, Honda gives you exclusive
offer ...blablabla...if you buy a 2005 model. I never noticed any problem,
the car has run 40000 Km. Is there any sign that I can verify it on my car?
What the problem is? Does the strut break while you are driving? If this is
dangerous then why Honda didn't recall the car? Thanks guys in advance for
your advices.
Regards

Old May 20th 05, 07:34 PM
S.S.

Nemo wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
> Recently the dealer who sold me a Civic 2001, called me and said since there
> is a problem with that model front suspension, Honda gives you exclusive
> offer ...blablabla...if you buy a 2005 model. I never noticed any problem,
> the car has run 40000 Km. Is there any sign that I can verify it on my car?
> What the problem is? Does the strut break while you are driving? If this is
> dangerous then why Honda didn't recall the car? Thanks guys in advance for
> your advices.
> Regards

As I understand it, on some 2001 and 2002 (not sure about '03 and newer),
the front struts tended to wear out early. It's not a dangerous situation,
so I think that's why there was no recall.
Old May 21st 05, 04:42 AM
MAT

> As I understand it, on some 2001 and 2002 (not sure about '03 and newer),
> the front struts tended to wear out early. It's not a dangerous
> situation,
> so I think that's why there was no recall.

Though this may be true, is there such an incentive to sell you a new car?
Pardon my suspicion but this sounds like a cover of SPAM like other cleverly
worded mailings with words like special buyback programs or "we need your
car" blah blah blah. When I was a kid in the 80's I rememeber visits to the
dealerships were about red and yellow tents and hot dogs. Now they use
scare tactics other guises to get you to the lot, LOL.

Old May 24th 05, 12:32 PM
Nemo

Well,
This is a program they call it Honda Loyalty and it is coming from Honda not
the specific dealer.Apparently there is something (i.e. early wearing of
front strut) that Honda is using it as a business strategy. In my case I
just want to make sure there is no danger, because generally it is good car
and I am willing to keep it for a while. I am not falling for dealer's
blablabla...

Old February 27th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Nemo" > wrote in :

> Hello Everybody,
> Recently the dealer who sold me a Civic 2001, called me and said since
> there is a problem with that model front suspension, Honda gives you
> exclusive offer ...blablabla...if you buy a 2005 model. I never
> noticed any problem, the car has run 40000 Km. Is there any sign that
> I can verify it on my car? What the problem is? Does the strut break
> while you are driving? If this is dangerous then why Honda didn't
> recall the car? Thanks guys in advance for your advices.
> Regards

Call Honda at the number in the owner's manual and ask them. I suspect
it's BS. Did the service department call you or was it the Sales
department?

Old March 1st 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Nemo,

Did they mention any details of the offer?

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
known weakness in A4, A6, Allroad front suspension arm? Julius Vindex Audi 2 August 23rd 04 06:17 PM
VW Passat Recall - Front suspension arm gbnews Audi 0 July 13th 04 09:33 PM
front suspension vibration John Tresadern Alfa Romeo 1 May 5th 04 08:14 AM
156 Front Suspension Lower Wishbones Gary Taylor Alfa Romeo 0 April 26th 04 07:20 PM