Tire pressure detection

Old July 30th 14, 12:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_3_]

Default Tire pressure detection

I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
32, the warning never goes away.

Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation
since the ABS does that anyway?

zero, and remove the last word.

Old July 30th 14, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
> slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
> 32, the warning never goes away.
>
> Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation
> since the ABS does that anyway?

Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.
Old July 30th 14, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_5_]

Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
>> slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
>> 32, the warning never goes away.
>>
>> Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation
>> since the ABS does that anyway?

> Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.

I should have included that this is a 2002 LeSabre.

zero, and remove the last word.

Old July 30th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> Paul in Houston TX wrote:
>> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>>> I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
>>> slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
>>> 32, the warning never goes away.
>>>
>>> Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation
>>> since the ABS does that anyway?

>> Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.

> I should have included that this is a 2002 LeSabre.

Indirect monitor. Uses the same sensors as ABS.

Turn the ignition switch to RUN.

Press the GAGE INFO button on the Driver Information Center until "TIRE
PRESSURE" appears on the display.

Press and hold the DIC RESET button for about five seconds. After five
seconds, the display will show "TIRE PRESSURE RESET". If "TIRE PRESSURE
RESET" does not appear in the display after about five seconds repeat
the procedure. If it does not work after two tries, see Testing and
Inspection.
After you release the DIC RESET button, "TIRE PRESSURE NORMAL" will
appear in the display. The system completes the calibration process
during driving. Calibration time can take 45 to 90 minutes, depending on
your driving habits. After the system has been calibrated, the system
will alert the driver that a tire is low, up to a maximum speed of 65 mph.

--
Steve W.
Old July 31st 14, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 7/30/2014 1:26 PM, Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> Paul in Houston TX wrote:

>>> Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.

>> I should have included that this is a 2002 LeSabre.
>>

> Indirect monitor. Uses the same sensors as ABS.
>
> Turn the ignition switch to RUN.
>
> Press the GAGE INFO button on the Driver Information Center until "TIRE
> PRESSURE" appears on the display.
>
> Press and hold the DIC RESET button for about five seconds. After five
> seconds, the display will show "TIRE PRESSURE RESET". If "TIRE PRESSURE
> RESET" does not appear in the display after about five seconds repeat
> the procedure. If it does not work after two tries, see Testing and
> Inspection.
> After you release the DIC RESET button, "TIRE PRESSURE NORMAL" will
> appear in the display. The system completes the calibration process
> during driving. Calibration time can take 45 to 90 minutes, depending on
> your driving habits. After the system has been calibrated, the system
> will alert the driver that a tire is low, up to a maximum speed of 65 mph.

Isn't that great. It's THAT easy! See how simple that was.
https://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-ran...000000711.html

No way to delay that "progress" comin' every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM
Old August 3rd 14, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Tom Del Rosso > wrote:
>I got a tire pressure warning, and one was down to 22 psi. It has a
>slow leak, I now know. But after filling it and keeping it filled to
>32, the warning never goes away.

On what car?

>Does it sense with a real pressure sensor, or by measuring rotation
>since the ABS does that anyway?

That depends what model car it is.
--scott

Old August 14th 14, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_5_]

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> Paul in Houston TX wrote:

>>> Some cars use pressure sensors, some cars use tire rotation.

>> I should have included that this is a 2002 LeSabre.
>>

> Indirect monitor. Uses the same sensors as ABS.
>
> Turn the ignition switch to RUN.
>
> Press the GAGE INFO button on the Driver Information Center until
> "TIRE PRESSURE" appears on the display.
>
> Press and hold the DIC RESET button for about five seconds. After five
> seconds, the display will show "TIRE PRESSURE RESET". If "TIRE
> PRESSURE RESET" does not appear in the display after about five
> seconds repeat the procedure. If it does not work after two tries, see
> Testing and
> Inspection.
> After you release the DIC RESET button, "TIRE PRESSURE NORMAL" will
> appear in the display. The system completes the calibration process
> during driving. Calibration time can take 45 to 90 minutes, depending
> on your driving habits. After the system has been calibrated, the
> system will alert the driver that a tire is low, up to a maximum
> speed of 65 mph.

Thank you. Sorry to take so long.

zero, and remove the last word.