Is Acura lease flexible?

Old May 3rd 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Default Is Acura lease flexible?

>From acrua.com:

2007 TL Featured Special Lease
$369.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 dn

Is that set in stone or can I apply a larger down payment to get a
lower note? If so, how do I adjust the note to reflect a larger down
payment?

Old May 4th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_15_]

"erdos" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> >From acrua.com:

> 2007 TL Featured Special Lease
> $369.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 dn
>
> Is that set in stone or can I apply a larger down payment to get
> a lower note? If so, how do I adjust the note to reflect a larger
> down payment?

You can negotiate a lower price with the dealer if you want. You're not
really "leasing" the car. You're buying it, selling it to a bank, and then
renting it back. Dealer markup is part of all that, and if they want the
sale enough they can shave off some profit.

To answer your question, if you choose not to negotiate on the price you can
always offer the dealer finance person a larger down payment and he will
adjust the payments for you.

Earle

Old May 4th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"erdos" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> >From acrua.com:

> 2007 TL Featured Special Lease
> $369.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 dn
>
> Is that set in stone or can I apply a larger down payment to get a
> lower note? If so, how do I adjust the note to reflect a larger down
> payment?

You might want to check the allowed miles on that lease. I recollect it is
10k per year with something like 20c per mile over.

Old May 4th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Earle Horton" > wrote in
om:

> "erdos" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> >From acrua.com:

>> 2007 TL Featured Special Lease
>> $369.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 dn
>>
>> Is that set in stone or can I apply a larger down payment to get
>> a lower note? If so, how do I adjust the note to reflect a larger
>> down payment?
>>

> You can negotiate a lower price with the dealer if you want. You're
> not really "leasing" the car. You're buying it, selling it to a bank,
> and then renting it back.

Are you sure?

With a lease, I thought the dealer sold the car to the lessor (the finance
company), who then turned around and loaned the car to the lessee (you).

As to the OP, all the dealer cares about is moving a car off his lot and
getting it off his books. He will be open to ANYthing, provided the market
is right...

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old May 4th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_15_]

"Tegger" > wrote in message
> "Earle Horton" > wrote in
> om:
>
> > "erdos" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >>
> >> 2007 TL Featured Special Lease
> >> $369.00 per month for 36 months. $1,999.00 dn
> >>
> >> Is that set in stone or can I apply a larger down payment to get
> >> a lower note? If so, how do I adjust the note to reflect a larger
> >> down payment?
> >>

> > You can negotiate a lower price with the dealer if you want. You're
> > not really "leasing" the car. You're buying it, selling it to a bank,
> > and then renting it back.

> Are you sure?
>
> With a lease, I thought the dealer sold the car to the lessor (the finance
> company), who then turned around and loaned the car to the lessee (you).

It's the same. I like to say that you "buy" the car, because the dealer
retains title until you decide you want it. Then the leasing company steps
in and buys it from you, so you can pay the dealer. Or they buy it from the
dealer, so they can rent it to you. Either way the bank winds up with the
title and you wind up with the payments. You get to decide the purchase
price, as in all car sales, so you might as well say that you are buying it.
If you think that way, then you will realize your right to negotiate.

People see a lease deal like the one above and assume that it is carved in
stone. Of course it is not.

Earle

E30 driveshaft flexible coupling [email protected] BMW 4 January 9th 07 08:16 AM
flexible exhaust pipe. mitzi Technology 0 March 25th 06 10:33 AM
flexible fuel? Ken Weitzel Chrysler 40 November 4th 05 09:07 PM
Flexible Fuel Vehicles John Riggs Ford Explorer 4 April 15th 05 12:59 AM
Get out of 6 mo. old 330i lease to lease an M3? Bubbles Jackson BMW 1 November 15th 04 08:08 PM