I Was a Patient JLEDI Yesterday

Old September 10th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

Default I Was a Patient JLEDI Yesterday

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:07:17 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>http://i2.tinypic.com/2j2hy1d.jpg
>
>So I was pulling into a strip mall parking lot yesterday evening (I
>was at the position marked in blue in the above picture). As I'm
>preparing to make a left turn along the path indicated by the blue
>arrow, I noticed an SUV stopped in the traffic lane at the location
>marked in red. A pedestrian was standing on the passenger side of the
>SUV attempting to enter the vehicle. In a scene straight out of
>"Saturday Night Fever," the driver of the SUV kept moving forward and
>reverse just as the pedestrian's hand was about to touch the door
>handle, preventing him from gripping the handle and opening the door.
>
>Now, I suppose I could have taken the path marked in yellow. Yes, it
>would have been driving the "wrong" way, but this was, after all, a
>parking lot, and the proper lane was being blocked by a MFFY. Or I
>could have continued straight ahead and taken the long way around.
>Instead, for a (literal) change of pace, I decided to follow the
>teachings of the JLEDI masters in this group, and I sat there and
>waited while these two assclowns ****ed around. Finally the pedestrian
>got in and the SUV pulled forward, clearing the way for me to complete
>my turn.
>
>Net loss: 30 seconds of my valuable time.
>Net gain: NOTHING.
>
>So I gotta ask you JLEDIs: what's in it for you? What do you get in
>exchange for the time that you allow others to steal from you? Do you
>get a warm fuzzy feeling inside? Do you feel better about yourself in
>some way? And what is it that stops you from defending yourself
>against those who would use you as their doormat?
>
>What am I missing?

You wasted more than 30 seconds doing this post.
What's missing is a sense of proportion.
You complain about time lost, and you'll lose far more than that in
this thread.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"