What to look for in 1st Viper (used)

Old April 14th 04, 10:29 PM
cayenne

Default What to look for in 1st Viper (used)

"REInvestments" > wrote in message >...
> "cayenne" > wrote in message
> m...
>
> The doors open with the windows in. Just get in and out like any other
> car. <snip>
> The car goes just as fast with the top and windows on (aerodynamics are
> actually better with the hard top on) and rear windows can be purchased.
> But you shouldn't have to go through the exercise. Most Viper owners are
> just as meticulous as Ferrari owners. Some early engines were rebuilt
> because the head gaskets failed, and Dodge offered a complete re-build or
> engine replacement. Overkill, but they had a mystique to protect.

Do you have any links to specific brands of viper hardtop
makers...which are the most popular? Best deal?

We get an incredible amount of rain here in New Orleans. Any problems
with leaks on the soft or hard top setups? Most people here in this
city do NOT have garages or covered parking...including me, so, this
is of concern to me...

Again, thanks for all the input so far. Still researching..but, I
think I am going to get one!! Getting the 1986 Porsche 930 ready for
selling...

CC
Old April 14th 04, 10:29 PM
cayenne

Old April 15th 04, 07:40 AM
REInvestments

m...

news:<JVmec.9977$K_.314310@bgtnsc05-> >

> Do you have any links to specific brands of viper hardtop
> makers...which are the most popular? Best deal?

Google Vipermania and Autoform, or look on Viper Club of America website.

> We get an incredible amount of rain here in New Orleans. Any problems
> with leaks on the soft or hard top setups? Most people here in this
> city do NOT have garages or covered parking...including me, so, this
> is of concern to me...

Buy the hard top. You won't be happy with the convertible.

Old April 15th 04, 07:40 AM
REInvestments

m...

Old April 15th 04, 11:33 PM
Steve W.

m...

http://northwind.viperclub.org/
http://www.viperalley.com/

> We get an incredible amount of rain here in New Orleans. Any problems
> with leaks on the soft or hard top setups? Most people here in this
> city do NOT have garages or covered parking...including me, so, this
> is of concern to me...

A Viper that doesn't leak means the top has never been down. Of the ten
folks I know who have them only one hardtop doesn't leak somewhere. That
one only has 700 miles on it though.

Old April 15th 04, 11:33 PM
Steve W.

m...