Good for a laugh

Old March 10th 05, 03:34 PM
Tom in Missouri

Default Good for a laugh

I was reading the list of Top 10 Recalls and this one got me:

"8. Tailgate cables: In 2004, GM asked to replace tailgate cables on 3.6
million Silverados, Sierras, Escalades and Avalanches because they corroded
and could break. So far 134 minor accidents have been reported, mostly
because people were standing on the tailgate, something GM warns people not
to do anyway."

Now who hasn't stood on the tailgate of a truck? If you are loading or
unloading it, you stand on the tailgate because you can't drop it straight
down on any with a rear bumper.

Here are the rest:
http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/050309/14847_1.html

Amazing you don't see the Corvette listed in any, even the 1971 motor mount
recall on Chevrolets.

Old March 10th 05, 10:45 PM
RicSeyler

That absolutely happened right in front of me at a Mardi Gras parade,
my friend's Avalanche had a bunch of people standing on the tailgate
and POW it collapsed and everyone went rolling. You could see the rusted
cable inside the clear plastic sheath.

--
Ric Seyler

Old March 11th 05, 02:05 AM
markansas859

Tom in Missouri wrote:
> I was reading the list of Top 10 Recalls and this one got me:

# 10, the rear axle on the Cutlass, involved my dad's 1979 Cutlass wagon.

I took it to the dealer, they spent 2 hrs taking everything apart, making
sure the C-Clips were installed, and reassembling everything.

his car was okay....

It has removed 473 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
who doesn't Sherry laugh wistfully Tired Tired Pansy Technology 0 January 15th 05 02:01 PM
she might furiously expect with Kathy when the ugly puddles look around the good signal Ben Technology 0 January 14th 05 08:34 PM
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly From Shelby Patrick Ford Mustang 14 November 16th 04 01:46 AM