ZZ4 in a C3

Old October 15th 04, 05:35 PM
Bob G.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:38:33 -0500, RicSeyler >
wrote:

>Might want to check into that Bob, I won't make a bet but,
>I'm almost sure I've read that more than once.. Maybe fit with a BB hood.
>But, I get proven wrong more than I like....... damn people that know
>more than me.
><shakes fist> arrrgggghhh ;-)

I checked last eveing at our club meeting...

Not a single one had any hood clearance problems when they installed a
ZZ4 or a HO 350 engine in their C3's

The cars were a 69, 72, 77 and a 78... the 72 was an original LT1
however .

Bob Griffiths
..
Old October 16th 04, 06:54 PM
MES

I ordered my zz4 and should have it late next week, I am contemplating
putting the Hot Cam in it, Will that make it unbearable to drive on the
street? How bad is the lope with it? Thanks again! you guys are good
Mike

Old October 16th 04, 06:54 PM
MES

Old October 21st 04, 05:24 PM
Ray Boudreaux

I know someone who put a C4 in a C3 and fuel economy was the main reason. It
really looks good in there. I saw a C1 with a Z0 6 and it fit. I think it
will be just fine in a C3.
answer alot of those questions. There is also http://www.c3vr.com/. Best of
luck to you. LOLRay

"MES" > wrote in message ...
> Has anyone here installed a zz4 engine in a C3 Vette? What problems were
> encountered? or was it a simple transplant? Is there anything you wish you
> would have done different? I know its alot of questions but I want to be
> sure im looking at doing the right thing.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

News==----

Newsgroups

Old October 21st 04, 05:24 PM
Ray Boudreaux

"MES" > wrote in message ...
> Has anyone here installed a zz4 engine in a C3 Vette? What problems were
> encountered? or was it a simple transplant? Is there anything you wish you
> would have done different? I know its alot of questions but I want to be
> sure im looking at doing the right thing.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

News==----

Newsgroups

Old October 21st 04, 07:19 PM
Dad

Not sure that since you saw it in there and "it fit" has allot to do with
what had to be changed to make it fit. I saw a V8 in a Chevette and it fit
but then it was a mule for a company called GM and they may have been able
to change what they needed to get it to fit. We have a club member that has
a TPI 383 in a late C3 and it was not a drop in. He also just got a C5 and
fuel economy was one reason. Just an engine swap for fuel economy is not all
it takes to get better mileage.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 21st 04, 07:19 PM
Dad

Old October 21st 04, 07:31 PM
Diode

Dad spoke thusly:

> Not sure that since you saw it in there and "it fit" has allot to do with

Just what the heck is a "ZZ4" motor anyway? Please excuse my ignorance...

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old October 21st 04, 07:31 PM
Diode

Dad spoke thusly:

Old October 21st 04, 07:49 PM

There is a company in Fayetteville Georgia called "Corvette Country"
if any one knows about engine swaps in corvettes it is these guys.
They have some mid year C-3's with LT-4's, ZR1's and LT1's complete
with air bags, late model suspension and frames, running gear, etc. It
is pretty amazing to see the quality of there work, it looks like
these cars came from the factory set up like that. Greg