eBay Links?

Old August 13th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Preston

Default eBay Links?

Henri wrote:

> "Preston" > wrote in message
> > Is it OK to post a link to an on-topic eBay auction in this group? I
> > don't want to upset the locals if that kind of thing is frowned
> > upon.
> >
> > -- Preston.

> This is not a moderated board

Well it's not a board at all - but that's just me being pedantic...

> , and there is no one *in charge*

This is true, but violating the group's policy equals violating eBay's
rules - which could see the auction pulled if people complain.

--
Preston.
Old August 13th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Preston" > wrote in
:

> So it boils down to what the particular group's policy is. The only
> reference to a charter I could find for this group is
> http://www.faqs.org/ftp/usenet/news....ec/rec.autos.m
> akers.honda which says it's just for discussing performance related
> modifications,

That's odd. This group tends more to the OEM and stock stuff than to the
"tuner" stuff.

> & binaries are ok (in a non-binary group?!?),

Weird. I don't come here for binaries and don't want to see them. If a
message size looks suspiciously large (like it might contain a binary),
I usually won't click on it.

> &
> commercial adverts are ok but private ones aren't. Which makes it one
> of the most bizarre charters I've seen, hence my original question.
> Are private 'for sale' & eBay ads really banned?

Nothing is really "banned" here. As somebody already pointed out,
there's no moderator. Plus, this "Alexander J. Ivanoff" guy has never
shown his face in here as long as I've ever been around.

Personally. I don't see anything wrong with eBay or other ads, so long
as they say "eBay" or "FS" or "OT" or something like that so you can
ignore them if you want.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 13th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Preston

Default Civic 1.6i-VT for auction (UK) (was eBay Links?)

Tegger wrote:

> Personally. I don't see anything wrong with eBay or other ads, so long
> as they say "eBay" or "FS" or "OT" or something like that so you can
> ignore them if you want.

Cool - thanks. Here it is then:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180148429668

--
Preston.
Old August 13th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Henri

"Preston" > wrote in message
> Henri wrote:
>

>> "Preston" > wrote in message
>> > Is it OK to post a link to an on-topic eBay auction in this group? I
>> > don't want to upset the locals if that kind of thing is frowned
>> > upon.
>> >
>> > -- Preston.

>> This is not a moderated board

> Well it's not a board at all - but that's just me being pedantic...
>
>> , and there is no one *in charge*

> This is true, but violating the group's policy equals violating eBay's
> rules - which could see the auction pulled if people complain.
>

> --
> Preston.

Are you fArt's butt-buddy or just a common variety
NetKKKop?

Old August 13th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Henri

"Preston" > wrote in message
> Henri wrote:
>

>> "Art" > wrote in message
>> link.net...
>> > Ebay doesn't like it and will close your auction if someone reports
>> > it.
>> >

>> I reviewed Ebay rules concerning links and could not find any
>> rule specifically prohibiting links to Usenet

> http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/newtoeb...et-policy.html
>

> --
> Preston.

And your point is?

Old August 13th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Henri

"Preston" > wrote in message
> Art wrote:
>
>> Ebay doesn't like it and will close your auction if someone reports
>> it.
>>

>> "Preston" > wrote in message
>> > Is it OK to post a link to an on-topic eBay auction in this group? I
>> > don't want to upset the locals if that kind of thing is frowned
>> > upon.

> From http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/newtoeb...et-policy.html
> "eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
> advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the
> Usenet board policy."
>
> So it boils down to what the particular group's policy is. The only
> reference to a charter I could find for this group is
> http://www.faqs.org/ftp/usenet/news..../rec.autos.mak
> ers.honda which says it's just for discussing performance related
> modifications, & binaries are ok (in a non-binary group?!?), &
> commercial adverts are ok but private ones aren't. Which makes it one
> of the most bizarre charters I've seen, hence my original question. Are
> private 'for sale' & eBay ads really banned?
>

> --
> Preston.

You are a VERY confused person

Old August 13th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Henri

"Preston" > wrote in message
> Tegger wrote:
>
>> Personally. I don't see anything wrong with eBay or other ads, so long
>> as they say "eBay" or "FS" or "OT" or something like that so you can
>> ignore them if you want.

> Cool - thanks. Here it is then:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180148429668
>
> --
> Preston.

Ahhh, at last we have gotten to the point!

Old August 13th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Henri" > wrote in
:

> "Preston" > wrote in message

>> So it boils down to what the particular group's policy is. The only
>> reference to a charter I could find for this group is
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/ftp/usenet/news..../rec/rec.autos.
>> makers.honda which says it's just for discussing performance related
>> modifications, & binaries are ok (in a non-binary group?!?), &
>> commercial adverts are ok but private ones aren't. Which makes it one
>> of the most bizarre charters I've seen, hence my original question.
>> Are private 'for sale' & eBay ads really banned?
>>

>> --
>> Preston.

> You are a VERY confused person

I think he's just new at this and anxious not to get flamed. Better that
than be your standard type of newbie who posts (in HTML no less) a
question that was asked and answered ten times in the past week.

It's obvious from a reading of the charter that it seriously needs
updating. It was written in 1996, when the opportunties for self-posting
were very much limited compared to now.

I'll bet 99.9% of the denizens of this group did not know the group even
had a charter to begin with. I certainly did not, and never thought of
checking for one.

Old August 13th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:44:45 +0000, Preston wrote:

> Tegger wrote:
>
>> Personally. I don't see anything wrong with eBay or other ads, so long
>> as they say "eBay" or "FS" or "OT" or something like that so you can
>> ignore them if you want.

> Cool - thanks. Here it is then:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180148429668

What the heck is an "H" Reg? I could never understand that system...

Old August 13th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote
in news:X61wi.1315$Gz4.799@trndny05:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:44:45 +0000, Preston wrote:
>
>> Tegger wrote:
>>
>>> Personally. I don't see anything wrong with eBay or other ads, so long
>>> as they say "eBay" or "FS" or "OT" or something like that so you can
>>> ignore them if you want.

>> Cool - thanks. Here it is then:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180148429668

> What the heck is an "H" Reg? I could never understand that system...

It's easy.

You start with 1963 ("A" being on the right side of the plate), then count
up for each year (1964 is "B"). You must leave out "I", "O", "Q", "X" and
"Z". In 1983 you start over again with the "A" on the LEFT side of the
plate, again leaving out those certain letters. Issuance was one per year
until the late '90s, then they went to a completely different system. Clear
as mud!

Have a jolly good time, he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...s#Year_letters

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

50 Links Worth Viewing The Links Gateway - Ties Into The NASCAR Community Righty Driving 0 October 22nd 06 09:01 PM
Old Car Links paulcole1 General 0 February 15th 06 07:40 PM
Start Buying on eBay Autos, Bikes - eBay Shopping Tips & Tricks [email protected] Antique cars 0 January 22nd 06 04:50 AM
car links [email protected] Honda 0 December 2nd 04 05:23 AM
Need F1c mod links please Bill Worrel Simulators 0 October 15th 04 02:07 AM