'05 Accord Battery

Old January 15th 08, 02:31 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

Default '05 Accord Battery

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Dave L wrote:
>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>> t...

>>> you don't say where you live - if it's phoenix, that battery life will
>>> not be unusual.

>> Sorry - I'm in Maryland.

> Don't be sorry. It could be worse, like Long Island or Washington, DC.

Hey - I'm less than an hour away from D.C..... Fun place to visit though!

-Dave

Old January 15th 08, 02:35 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Dave L wrote:
>> I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
>> miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
>> clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump
>> start before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it
>> went bad, they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty).
>> They said I could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't
>> have time.

> I'd go to the dealer and have them test it. If it is really bad (or, the
> charging system), they'll tell you. Sounds like you have about a month and
> a half. I bet you can arrange a time before the warranty expires.
>
> Jeff

Appointment made for Saturday morning. Hope they don't tell me everything
is fine and it's still within spec...

-Dave

Old January 15th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

Appointment made for Saturday morning. Let's see what happens!

-Dave

"Dick" > wrote in message
> Absolutely. I was only trying to point out what the indicator means
> when it is clear. Don't let the dealer tell you there is nothing
> wrong.
>
> Dick
>

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:16:33 -0500, "Dave L"
> > wrote:
>
>>I used to go with the Sears Diehard batteries too. You're right, the cost
>>of a battery is cheap compared to the cost of a new vehicle. I would
>>never
>>think of getting a new vehicle when only a battery is needed! Besides, it
>>only has 33k miles and 2-1/2 years old. Still "new" to me.
>>
>>I'd still rather let warranty handle it if the dealership deems it needs
>>replacing!
>>
>>Thanks,
>>-Dave

. ..

Old January 15th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff[_3_]

Dave L wrote:
<...>

> Hey - I'm less than an hour away from D.C..... Fun place to visit though!

I taught in Harlem, NYC, for over a year. Now it takes a lot to get me
upset.

It's been many years since I was to Wash., D.C., but I really enjoyed
the museums there.

Jeff

Old January 16th 08, 01:32 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Dave L wrote:

<snip>

>>> My only concern is if they say nothing is actually wrong with it and the
>>> battery is just getting old at 2-1/2 years old!

>> you don't say where you live - if it's phoenix, that battery life will not
>> be unusual.

> Sorry - I'm in Maryland.

In that case it's all your fault.
Old January 16th 08, 02:43 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Dave L wrote:
> <...>
>
>> Hey - I'm less than an hour away from D.C..... Fun place to visit
>> though!

> I taught in Harlem, NYC, for over a year. Now it takes a lot to get me
> upset.

I'll bet! I go up to NYC sometimes to visit relatives, but not in Harlem.
Never been there but always pictured it as a rough place. Then again I
thought the same of the Bronx until I was at a restaurant in a really nice
section of the Bronx. Forgot what it was called..

> It's been many years since I was to Wash., D.C., but I really enjoyed the
> museums there.

They are nice. I've always like the Air and Space Museum and the Natural
History Museum. Took my bike down there and rode with friends along the
Potomac, Georgetown and into D.C.

-Dave

Old January 16th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Tony Harding" > wrote in message
> Dave L wrote:
>
> <snip>

>>> you don't say where you live - if it's phoenix, that battery life will
>>> not be unusual.

>> Sorry - I'm in Maryland.

> In that case it's all your fault.

Oh, thanks (said with a sarcastic tone)... lol

Old January 16th 08, 04:15 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff[_3_]

Dave L wrote:
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> Dave L wrote:
>> <...>
>>
>>> Hey - I'm less than an hour away from D.C..... Fun place to visit
>>> though!

>> I taught in Harlem, NYC, for over a year. Now it takes a lot to get me
>> upset.

> I'll bet! I go up to NYC sometimes to visit relatives, but not in Harlem.
> Never been there but always pictured it as a rough place. Then again I
> thought the same of the Bronx until I was at a restaurant in a really nice
> section of the Bronx. Forgot what it was called..

Harlem is an up and coming community. It is being gentrified. Harlem and
parts of the Bronx are the closest communities in NYC to downtown
Manhattan that can be redeveloped into better housing. There are some
really nice areas of the Bronx. Harlem is turning into a nice shopping
district on 125th St., the main east-west road, where the Famous Appollo
theater is. A bunch of stores have moved in, including an H&M store (I
think a chain of clothing stores) & a Magic Johnson Theater. A Trader
Joes is coming, too (there's one in Union Square and one in Brooklyn
too). And there are some good schools there (some NYC dept. of ed
schools and some are charter schools) and some bad schools. In addition,
Columbia University is there and City College (the public college with
the most Nobles) is there as well. Sadly, the poor kids there are
treated as throw-away kids by the city when it comes to education (the
teachers' union doesn't do much to help either).

>> It's been many years since I was to Wash., D.C., but I really enjoyed the
>> museums there.

> They are nice. I've always like the Air and Space Museum and the Natural
> History Museum. Took my bike down there and rode with friends along the
> Potomac, Georgetown and into D.C.

In my college years, I went there every year or so. Maybe I will try the
bike thing sometime.

Jeff

Old January 16th 08, 11:04 PM posted to alt.usenet.news-server-comparison,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike W

I think this topic deserves the "OT" prefix in front of it, wouldn't you ?
whew

. ..

Old January 17th 08, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Dave L wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>>> Dave L wrote:
>>> <...>

>>> I taught in Harlem, NYC, for over a year. Now it takes a lot to get me
>>> upset.

>> I'll bet! I go up to NYC sometimes to visit relatives, but not in
>> Harlem. Never been there but always pictured it as a rough place. Then
>> again I thought the same of the Bronx until I was at a restaurant in a
>> really nice section of the Bronx. Forgot what it was called..

> Harlem is an up and coming community. It is being gentrified. Harlem and
> parts of the Bronx are the closest communities in NYC to downtown
> Manhattan that can be redeveloped into better housing. There are some
> really nice areas of the Bronx. Harlem is turning into a nice shopping
> district on 125th St., the main east-west road, where the Famous Appollo
> theater is. A bunch of stores have moved in, including an H&M store (I
> think a chain of clothing stores) & a Magic Johnson Theater. A Trader Joes
> is coming, too (there's one in Union Square and one in Brooklyn too). And
> there are some good schools there (some NYC dept. of ed schools and some
> are charter schools) and some bad schools. In addition, Columbia
> University is there and City College (the public college with the most
> Nobles) is there as well. Sadly, the poor kids there are treated as
> throw-away kids by the city when it comes to education (the teachers'
> union doesn't do much to help either).

Yup, you're much more familiar with New York than I! I do enjoy it when I
ride up there to visit. I'm normally on Staten Island, Brooklyn or
Manhattan. Sometimes in Queens and the Bronx if I'm up there with friends
visiting. I wouldn't even begin to start naming stores and their locations
there! I think the area I was thinking of is called City Island, in the
Bronx.

>>> It's been many years since I was to Wash., D.C., but I really enjoyed
>>> the museums there.

>> They are nice. I've always like the Air and Space Museum and the Natural
>> History Museum. Took my bike down there and rode with friends along the
>> Potomac, Georgetown and into D.C.

> In my college years, I went there every year or so. Maybe I will try the
> bike thing sometime.
>
> Jeff

If you don't live far, it's worth the day trip. More fun if you go with
others.

-Dave

1990 Accord bad battery...altenator? Saus Honda 1 January 3rd 07 04:45 PM
2003 Accord Battery Problem...anyone else ? noydb Honda 4 August 16th 05 05:26 PM
repl battery for accord lx 01 ap Honda 5 July 27th 05 03:53 PM
repl battery for accord lx 01 ap Honda 0 July 25th 05 03:45 PM
Messed up 92 Accord Battery All2sober Honda 2 February 13th 05 07:21 AM