Water Cracking Discovery Alt Energy Future Bright

Old March 3rd 11, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Water Cracking Discovery Alt Energy Future Bright

I saw that at http://www.rense.com
There is a Video too.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 11, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
>I saw that at http://www.rense.com
> There is a Video too.
> cuhulin

Interesting numbers. If we could actually produce hydrogen quickly
and easily, we could forget fossil fuels and batteries.

Dan Nocera, by the way, makes rather limiting statements on
energy density increases of batteries.

Old March 3rd 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Water Cracking (producing free, sort of free) fuel on the go.
Like I have said before about those grand schemes/ideas, I will believe
it when I see it.Same for those UFOs too, and I have never seen a UFO
yet in my 69 years on this Earth.
cuhulin
.................................................. ....
Take us to your leader, after all, we have a right, we are your nearest
satellite.
[All Your Base Are Belong To Us!]
.................................................. ....

Old March 3rd 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Water Cracking (producing free, sort of free) fuel on the go.
> Like I have said before about those grand schemes/ideas, I will believe
> it when I see it.Same for those UFOs too, and I have never seen a UFO
> yet in my 69 years on this Earth.
> cuhulin
> .................................................. ...
> Take us to your leader, after all, we have a right, we are your nearest
> satellite.
> [All Your Base Are Belong To Us!]
> .................................................. ...

reasonable.

Our troglodytic forefathers made it walking. We are too weak for that,
I guess.

Old March 3rd 11, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

hls wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> I saw that at http://www.rense.com
>> There is a Video too.
>> cuhulin

> Interesting numbers. If we could actually produce hydrogen quickly
> and easily, we could forget fossil fuels and batteries.
>
> Dan Nocera, by the way, makes rather limiting statements on
> energy density increases of batteries.

Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal
powered electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the
sticky wickets.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old March 3rd 11, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message >, AMuzi
> writes
>Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal powered
>electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the sticky wickets.

If you've already got the electricity, why convert it to a very
inefficient burning of electrolysis (20% top) compared to a good
electric motor (up to 98%)?
--
Clive

Old March 3rd 11, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"AMuzi" > wrote in message news:ikp7e4>
> Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal
> powered electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the
> sticky wickets.
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi

One problem is that using electricity generated by coal is environmentally
very poor technology.
If this guy can make hydrogen at low cost, there is a light at the end of
the tunnel.

Storage and transport is possible. Statoil has dedicated the highway
from Stavanger to Oslo as possibly the world's first hydrogen highway.
This means the fuel will be available along this stretch of road. This is
not "maybe" but in progress.

As we mature, nothing gets simpler. Running mammoths off a cliff was
high technology just a few millenia ago, but now we need to run our
mammoths on the road and try not to extinct ourselves in the fumes.

med vennlig hilsen

Old March 4th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

hls wrote:

> "AMuzi" > wrote in message news:ikp7e4>
>> Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal powered
>> electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the sticky wickets.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi

> One problem is that using electricity generated by coal is environmentally
> very poor technology. If this guy can make hydrogen at low cost, there
> is a light at the end of
> the tunnel.
>
> Storage and transport is possible. Statoil has dedicated the highway
> from Stavanger to Oslo as possibly the world's first hydrogen highway.
> This means the fuel will be available along this stretch of road. This is
> not "maybe" but in progress.
>
> As we mature, nothing gets simpler. Running mammoths off a cliff was
> high technology just a few millenia ago, but now we need to run our
> mammoths on the road and try not to extinct ourselves in the fumes.
>
> med vennlig hilsen

Guys who work with hydrogen report that it is amazingly
permeable through their fixtures and systems. Quite a
difficult problem, actually. Maybe not unsolvable but
daunting at any rate.

Old March 4th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

AMuzi wrote:
> hls wrote:
>>
>> "AMuzi" > wrote in message news:ikp7e4>
>>> Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal powered
>>> electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the sticky wickets.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Muzi

>> One problem is that using electricity generated by coal is
>> environmentally
>> very poor technology. If this guy can make hydrogen at low cost,
>> there is a light at the end of
>> the tunnel.
>>
>> Storage and transport is possible. Statoil has dedicated the highway
>> from Stavanger to Oslo as possibly the world's first hydrogen highway.
>> This means the fuel will be available along this stretch of road.
>> This is
>> not "maybe" but in progress.
>>
>> As we mature, nothing gets simpler. Running mammoths off a cliff was
>> high technology just a few millenia ago, but now we need to run our
>> mammoths on the road and try not to extinct ourselves in the fumes.
>>
>> med vennlig hilsen
>>

> Guys who work with hydrogen report that it is amazingly permeable
> through their fixtures and systems. Quite a difficult problem, actually.
> Maybe not unsolvable but daunting at any rate.

data on that:
http://www.ipst.gatech.edu/faculty/r...ngassafety.pdf

excerpts:
"Because of its small molecular size, hydrogen can easily pass
through porous materials and is capable of being absorbed by
some containment materials, which can result in loss of
ductility or
embrittlement. At elevated temperatures, this process is
accelerated. Because of the possibility of hydrogen
embrittlement
of some materials, piping and component materials that are not
subject to this form of degradation should be selected.
Recommended materials include 300-series stainless steels,
copper, and brass."

"Because of the extremely low energy required to ignite
flammable
mixtures of hydrogen gas, you must exercise caution when using
hydrogen around electrical equipment."

"Never crack a hydrogen cylinder valve to remove dust or dirt
from fittings prior to attaching a regulator. While this
practice
may be acceptable for other gases, with hydrogen there is a risk
of self-ignition."

"Because of its small molecular size, hydrogen can leak from
apertures through which other gases cannot pass. Ventilation
with
large quantities of air is vital to dilute small leaks of
hydrogen to
below the lower flammable limit of 4% in air."

etc etc etc

Old March 4th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Existential Angst[_2_]

"AMuzi" > wrote in message
> hls wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> I saw that at http://www.rense.com
>>> There is a Video too.
>>> cuhulin

>> Interesting numbers. If we could actually produce hydrogen quickly
>> and easily, we could forget fossil fuels and batteries.
>>
>> Dan Nocera, by the way, makes rather limiting statements on
>> energy density increases of batteries.

> Hydrogen is quick and easy with electrolysis using coal powered
> electricity. Cost, storage and transport are the sticky wickets.

Why coal electricity?
Every kitchen in Merka could be producing hydrogen with rooftop solar
cells -- or a Edmund's Scientific kids solar cell.
But indeed, compressing it, etc are the biggies. Would be inneresting to
calc the energy cost of compressing X BTUs of H2 in a high-pressure
cylinder.
--
EA