i need help

Old September 4th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ineedhelp1618

Default i need help

i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving..
when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the
right the noise slightly goes away and when i go to the left the noise gets
slightly louder... once while driving the transmission gave out (i stepped on
the accelerator and the engine reved but the car would not move) i left the
car overnight and the next day the car moved again. i need to know what is
wrong with my car !!! also when i start my car the odometer and the rpm gauge
do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this
related?

Old September 4th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
duty-honor-country[_5_]

ineedhelp1618 wrote:
> i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving..
> when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the
> right the noise slightly goes away and when i go to the left the noise gets
> slightly louder... once while driving the transmission gave out (i stepped on
> the accelerator and the engine reved but the car would not move) i left the
> car overnight and the next day the car moved again. i need to know what is
> wrong with my car !!! also when i start my car the odometer and the rpm gauge
> do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this
> related?

the problem is, it's a Plymouth- get rid of it, and buy a GM product

Old September 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
bicycle, The Fifth Wheel King

duty-honor-country wrote:
> ineedhelp1618 wrote:
> > i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving..
> > when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the
> > right the noise slightly goes away and when i go to the left the noise gets
> > slightly louder... once while driving the transmission gave out (i stepped on
> > the accelerator and the engine reved but the car would not move) i left the
> > car overnight and the next day the car moved again. i need to know what is
> > wrong with my car !!! also when i start my car the odometer and the rpm gauge
> > do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this
> > related?

> the problem is, it's a Plymouth- get rid of it, and buy a GM product

Said the troll.

Old September 4th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 00:22:37 GMT, "ineedhelp1618" <u26120@uwe> wrote:

>i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving..
> when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the
>right the noise slightly goes away and when i go to the left the noise gets
>slightly louder...<snip>

Sounds to me like a tired or wheel or possibly driveshaft problem.
Have you even bothered to look at the tread and sidewalls of your
tires, or the CV joint boots underneath in front?

>once while driving the transmission gave out (i stepped on
>the accelerator and the engine reved but the car would not move) i left the
>car overnight and the next day the car moved again. <snip>

Transmissions just don't "give out," unless they're helped to fail by
bad maintenance, or lack of any altogether. Did you check the fluid
level/color?

>i need to know what is
>wrong with my car !!! also when i start my car the odometer and the rpm gauge
>do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this
>related? <snip>

No, and what's happening is that it's probably trying to give you
trouble codes for all the stuff that's screwed up with it.
Old September 4th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 3 Sep 2006 17:34:24 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
> wrote:

>the problem is, it's a Plymouth- get rid of it, and buy a GM product <snip>

yeah...the nearly bankrupt GM...what a GREAT idea!

Typical comment form a "megatroll" like Charlie Nudo, aka

....who now thinks that the word "honor" begins with an "O".

WHAT'S UP, D-O-C?

Whudda maroon! WHUDDA IGNORANIMOUS!
Old September 7th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ineedhelp1618 via CarKB.com

Old September 7th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

duty-honor-country wrote:
>> i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving..
>> when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the

>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this
>> related?

>the problem is, it's a Plymouth- get rid of it, and buy a GM product

Thanks for all the help... I'll make sure to look into that.