wonder if Jaybird knows this guy

Old May 3rd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default wonder if Jaybird knows this guy

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/3829763.html

there's a lot of hate for Texas cops in the fark.com discussion of this
article, too... not a whole lot of people speaking out in support of
them...

nate

Old May 4th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/3829763.html
>
> there's a lot of hate for Texas cops in the fark.com discussion of this
> article, too... not a whole lot of people speaking out in support of
> them...

I'll make a short little statement that might make you happy, then add a
couple of points I see. After that long of a history of, granted, petty
complaints he should have had to answer for the time sheet falsification.
That is stealing, plain and simple, and I don't know of any person,
especially a cop, who would think they could get away with that.

The language stuff.... ehh, not so much. I've said things on occasion that
would make a sailor blush and it's never been an issue but I think that's
because of the context and the heat of the moment. It kinda sounds like
this guy just doesn't have very good people skills.

Another thing about the overtime... Cops work a ton of it. I have a couple
of steady overtime jobs on the side and most everyone I know does the same.
The pay for cops has gotten a lot better in the last few years, but it still
helps your standard of living if you supplement it with some outside work.
In this area the starting annual pay for cops is in the low 30's and goes up
from there the bigger the department is that you work for. You can't
support a wife and kids very well these days on $30,000 a year.

--
---
jaybird

More stupid cop tricks for Jaybird... DTJ Driving 14 April 6th 06 03:57 AM
What was that about the home officer Jaybird? Brent P Driving 52 February 23rd 06 12:53 AM
Congrats Jaybird. Brent P Driving 27 January 26th 06 05:51 PM
Conflict of Interest Dave Head Driving 154 November 29th 05 07:47 AM
Ping jaybird: What do you say about this? Arif Khokar Driving 8 April 21st 05 02:53 AM