Civic DX engine swap help

Old January 25th 05, 10:27 PM

Default Civic DX engine swap help

The engine in my Honda Civic Dx special ed. overheated due to a cracked
head gasket, and I'm faced with replacing the engine. I thought maybe
now is a good time to get an upgrade engine, but being largely
uneducated on the subject, I decided to look for some advice as to what
engines are available, and at what aproximate cost. Can engines like
the one in the integra or the civic si fit in the Dx? What is the
quality of the JDM engines compared to other engines by Honda? If
anybody has any advice, hints, or tips, please let me know! Thanks.

Old January 25th 05, 11:17 PM
Mista Bone

What year is your Civic DX?

ups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 04:40 PM

I've got a '95 coup. I also live in Ontario, so emissions shouldn't be
much of a problem. My mechanic sais he'd have to replace the computer
as well, but would that have to be done with any engine, or just some?

Old February 6th 05, 08:17 PM
vtecracing

Hello how are you doing. There are plenty of engine available for your
vehicle. You can either choose to replace it with an standard
replacement engine which would be similiar to the one you have right
now. Or, you can go with a high performance b16a or b18c engine which
comes with more horsepower and torque then then stock. Both engines can
be used in your vehicle for daily driving purposes. If you have any
questions regarding the replacement of your civic engine check out the
link below and e-mail us with more specific details on what exactly you
want from your car. Hope I was of assistance to you. Thank You.

For all your Honda and Acura needs, check
out http://www.trackspeedracing.com. We carry a wide selection of
dyno proven racing products. Hopefully this helps. Thanks.