Now That's Some Quick Thinking

Old May 9th 05, 03:04 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default Now That's Some Quick Thinking

That's one of the great MFFYs. Like selfish scum that get lost in the
woods and start a forest fire to attract attention.

PS - that's assuming this gal is telling the truth. Story sounds very
piscene.

Old May 9th 05, 03:10 AM
Dave Head

What I woulda done.. only around here I would have chosen a tree or phone
pole, his side first of course.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:41:17 -0700, Scott en Aztlán

Old May 9th 05, 03:44 AM
L Sternn

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:41:17 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>What a brilliant solution to being carjacked - crash into some
>innocent victim's car and break some innocent person's leg! They
>mention the charges that had been against the carjacker, but what
>about the carjacked driver? I know if I deliberately crashed my car
>into someone else's and injured a pedestrian, I'd be in jail...
>
>http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/74149.php
>
>Carjacked woman crashes to get help

Despite the headline, this sounds more like a kidnapping than a simple
carjacking.
Old May 9th 05, 01:43 PM
The Office Jet

I agree that it seems like there should be more to the story than we
are getting.

Old May 9th 05, 04:53 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 5/8/2005 7:04 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Story sounds very piscene.

That's "piscine," moron. If you're going to thumb through the thesaurus
for synonyms that fail miserably to make you sound smarter than you are,
at least try to spell them correctly.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old May 9th 05, 08:41 PM
L Sternn

On 9 May 2005 05:43:28 -0700, "The Office Jet"
> wrote:

>I agree that it seems like there should be more to the story than we
>are getting.

IIRC, it said she was assaulted too.

I'm not convinced she did anything wrong.
Old May 9th 05, 10:31 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> Around 5/8/2005 7:04 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
> <http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:
>
>> Story sounds very piscene.

> That's "piscine," moron. If you're going to thumb through the thesaurus
> for synonyms that fail miserably to make you sound smarter than you are,
> at least try to spell them correctly.

Garth, please don't turn this into one big piscine contest.

Old May 10th 05, 02:17 AM
Ad absurdum per aspera

> What a brilliant solution to being carjacked - crash into some
> innocent victim's car and break some innocent person's leg!

Well... some authorities say that being taken to a secondary crime
scene without anyone's being the wiser is pretty much a worst-case
scenario. Even if the carjacker didn't start out intending to kill the
witness, the idea might occur to him.

It's possible - sitting here at the computer without anybody sticking a
gun in my ribs -- to think of how she might have done something a bit
less destructive; but all in all I'd say she did alright. The thug
is most likely going to be in prison awhile, and more important, his
would-be victim *isn't* going to be maggot habitat in a dumpster
somewhere.

Note also that she thought she was driving into a parked car; it was
just pure bad luck that someone was standing around near it.

One man's opinion, worth what you paid if your connect time is cheap,
--Joe

Old May 10th 05, 02:15 PM
Ted B.

> OK, so crash into a brick wall, or a telephone pole - preferably while
> skidding sideways, so that the passenger side gets nailed hardest.
> Maybe she'd get lucky and kill the carjacker.

Well, it's easy to say that when you don't have a gun pointed at you. I
think this girl did OK. The question I'm wondering is, why'd she wait so
long to crash? The report I read had her driving around for quite a while
before she slammed into a parked car. Now that I think about it, I guess
she was deliberately looking for a parked car to hit. If so, then that
would make her somewhat of a hero. OK, so the pedestrian behind the parked
car probably wouldn't think so, but then did the driver know there was a
pedestrian there? -Dave

Old May 10th 05, 03:45 PM
Ted B.

>>would make her somewhat of a hero. OK, so the pedestrian behind the
>>parked
>>car probably wouldn't think so, but then did the driver know there was a
>>pedestrian there?

> If the pedestrian was standing up, I would think he would have been
> clearly visible.

Well that would fly in the face of decades of driver's education
instruction, wouldn't it? It's been a long time since high school, but in
between all those gory films they showed us, I do remember being cautioned
that parked cars can hide pedestrians. -Dave

QUICK EASY CASH [email protected] Ford Explorer 0 April 11th 05 08:08 PM
QUICK EASY CASH [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 April 11th 05 08:06 PM
QUICK EASY CASH [email protected] Jeep 0 April 11th 05 08:05 PM
QUICK EASY CASH [email protected] Driving 0 April 11th 05 08:03 PM
$MAKE LOTS OF QUICK CASH THE EASY WAY$$ NO JOKE! [email protected] Audi 0 December 26th 04 06:16 PM