Muffler

Old December 28th 04, 05:06 PM
azazel scratch

Default Muffler

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

I need to replace the muffler on my '74 Super. I replaced my muffler 10
years ago and installed a German one. Now the German mufflers are no
longer available. I don't want to buy a Brazilian muffler. I only want
to buy a Dansk muffler. Are the Brazilian and Dansk mufflers stamped
with the manufacturers name or country of origin?

Old December 29th 04, 01:47 AM
Kafertoys

>I need to replace the muffler on my '74 Super. I replaced my muffler 10
>years ago and installed a German one. Now the German mufflers are no
>longer available.

I'm still getting German mufflers from Sun Dance Bug& Buggies out of Plant City
Fl.
1-800-992-7549
it also includes mounting kit and tailpipes.

Mario
Old December 29th 04, 08:31 AM
Braukuche

>I'm still getting German mufflers from Sun Dance Bug& Buggies out of Plant
>City
>Fl.

I just got a German muffler from Wolfsburg West. They are still easily
available.
--Dan E
Old December 29th 04, 04:28 PM
azazel scratch

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

I forgot to mention that I am in California and have the dual pre-heater
pipes. I went to the Wolfsburg West web site. They only have Dansk for my
application. I also checked with Sun Dance. Same story.

Will I be able to tell if the muffler I buy is Dansk or Brazilian? I would
hate to buy a muffler represented as being Dansk and find out later that
it's Brazilian.

Thanks in advance