Ford going Private?!?

Old August 28th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam

Default Ford going Private?!?

I heard from a buddy on Friday. He's a big stock market player, and he told
me that he read that Ford is thinking of going private?
Anyone else hear about this?

Dave

Old August 28th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article > , nospam wrote:
> I heard from a buddy on Friday. He's a big stock market player, and he told
> me that he read that Ford is thinking of going private?
> Anyone else hear about this?

Guess WSJ had an article on it as something that the ford family has
thought about doing because the stock is so low in price right now and
then that way they could restructure as they wish without needing to
appease a bunch of shareholders with different ideas.

Old August 29th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

"nospam" > wrote in message
m...
>I heard from a buddy on Friday. He's a big stock market player, and he told
>me that he read that Ford is thinking of going private?
> Anyone else hear about this?
>
> Dave

I mentioned this in the 15k layoff post. It makes allot of sense to do it. I
said It is sad to see how poorly Ford's stocks are doing. They actually are
a bargain deal for anyone to buy. I was reading how Ford might go private
and now that the stocks are cheap enough can easily be done.

To add it is presently valued at $14.5billion present stock value and actual
worth with assets anywhere from $20-40billion.

Nick