Does Ford in the US.....

Old October 26th 04, 10:50 AM
Steve S.

Default Does Ford in the US.....

Just wondering if Ford in the US has a model similar to this?

http://www.ford.com.au/territory/

If they don't, I'm wondering how well something like this would go in the
North American market?

S.

Old October 26th 04, 04:13 PM
Kenneth J. Harris

Seems to approximate the current Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer in
size and power. The engine is more sophisicated than the 4.0L V6 and
optional 4.6L V8 used here--the output is very similar to the V8's. Our
engines use unleaded regular gas and have 5 speed automatics. As far as
handling, off road performance etc., who knows? (although some would say
that anything would be an improvement). I didn't calculate how the
price compares.

Old October 27th 04, 03:19 AM
Ron

Yes we do, it's called an Escape with 3.0 205 HP V6. Mercury and Mazda
both have versions of this car. Best selling small SUV in America and it
will tow over 3500 Lbs. with the proper rigging. About $23,500.00 USD
for the XLT version, less with the 4 Cyl. and 2 WD.

Old October 27th 04, 05:36 AM
Steve S.

The Escape is also in Ford Australia model range....

S.

Old October 27th 04, 05:39 AM
JaWise

>Yes we do, it's called an Escape with 3.0 205 HP V6. Mercury and Mazda
>both have versions of this car

Not really similar to an escape. The territory has 3rd row seating and bigger
engines. Seems more like an Acura MDX to me.
Old October 27th 04, 04:51 PM
C. E. White

JaWise wrote:

> >Yes we do, it's called an Escape with 3.0 205 HP V6. Mercury and Mazda
> >both have versions of this car

> Not really similar to an escape. The territory has 3rd row seating and bigger
> engines. Seems more like an Acura MDX to me.

Wll there is the new Ford Freestyle in the US. Like the
Escape it is basically a FWD Station wagon, with an AWD
option. It has third row seating. I sat in one the other day
and it seemed nice enough for the price (at least the base
model price).
Old November 4th 04, 04:07 AM
Andy G.

It looks like the new Ford Freestyle to me. I believe that it's based on
the same platform as the new Ford 500 sedan.

u...

Old November 4th 04, 02:01 PM
C. E. White

"Andy G." wrote:

> It looks like the new Ford Freestyle to me. I believe that it's based on
> the same platform as the new Ford 500 sedan.

The Territory is not the same as the Freestyle. It is a Rear
Wheel Drive / 4WD Package with a longitudinally mounted
engine (an inline 6 at that). The Freestyle (and 500) are
Front Wheel Drive /AWD package with a transversely mounted
engine (a V-6). They may look alike, but they don't share
much of anything.

Ed

> "Steve S." > wrote in message
> u...
> > Just wondering if Ford in the US has a model similar to this?
> >
> > http://www.ford.com.au/territory/
> >
> > If they don't, I'm wondering how well something like this would go in the
> > North American market?
> >
> > S.

Be Grateful for DCX. At Least They Aren't FORD! Ted Jeep 32 December 23rd 04 04:48 AM
Mitchell on demand 2004 - 2003, Alldata CD SETs, BMW ETC, General Motors, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Mercedes Truck, Mini E, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, AUDI, Jaguar, Land Rover, CHRYSLER DODGE, Peugeot and Renault, Acura Isuzu, Kia, Mitsubishi, Niss vvcd VW water cooled 0 September 19th 04 11:35 PM
Ford Coil Packs Bubba 4x4 2 April 21st 04 05:36 PM
Do they still offer Ford Cougar in North America aniram General 7 April 19th 04 02:24 PM