Swing Away Spare Tire

Old January 1st 05, 08:23 PM
James Hilins

Default Swing Away Spare Tire

Can anyone recommend a swing away spare tire carrier, which allows use of
the stock bumper and will accomonidate 35's

Jim

Old January 1st 05, 10:14 PM
Jerry Bransford

http://www.orfab.com/ makes one of the best. I have one on my TJ, you
can see a pic of it without the spare tire and jerry cans it normally
carries on my website opening page.

Jerry
--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old January 1st 05, 10:43 PM
James Hilins

Holy Smokes that some trial your coming up on you web site !
Jim

Old January 1st 05, 10:45 PM
twaldron

Bestop makes one that will handle a 35, although I don't know anything
further about it.

James Hilins wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a swing away spare tire carrier, which allows use of
> the stock bumper and will accomonidate 35's
>
> Jim

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old January 1st 05, 11:02 PM
James Hilins

What about my 3rd brake light on my TJ?
Is there a way to use this and keep it ?

Jim
KA4UPW !

Old January 2nd 05, 02:38 AM
Eric

I was just getting ready to say the Bestop one. I'm thinking of going that
route myself, but haven't heard anyone that's used one yet.

Eric
m...

Old January 5th 05, 11:33 PM
James Hilins

There is a separate brake light bracket that can be used to install the
third brake light.
The part numbers are as follows:

Brake Light Bracket for Tire Carrier 97-04 87271
Brake Light Bracket for Tire/Can Carrier 97-04 87270

Thank you for your interest in Performance Accessories and OR Fab.
Kevin

www.PerformanceAccessories.com

NEW RELEASES: http://www.performanceaccessories.com/newrelease.htm

Shovel, spare tire in open picukup bed 223rem Driving 8 December 29th 04 06:27 AM
spare tire jack? soni29 Honda 2 December 15th 04 05:30 PM
FS: Spare Super Swamper Off-Road Tire wheel and rack Must go ASAP! Hip 4x4 0 August 17th 04 03:21 PM
FS: Mitsubishi Montero Hard Spare Tire Cover RW 4x4 0 June 13th 04 07:58 AM